We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What a city

Fort Wayne, Indiana
Level Contributor
208 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What a city

Just wanted to say Toronto is one heck of a place for a great weekend get-away. Pricelined a room at the Sheraton for $65 and got a upgrade to club and also a suite. What a deal. Made it to China town and the Kensington (sp?) shopping district and had a blast. With the transit pass it is so easy and cheap to get around. There is so much to see and do I'll be back soon

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,083 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What a city

cookie4u

Thanks for sharing your experiences and make sure you post again after your next trip. BTW your spelling for Kensington is correct!

Next time when you visit Toronto if you have the chance try and check out Queen Street West. There's lots of interesting shopping there and it's a great part of the city to spend an afternoon.

Another area you might like is the Danforth. Here are a few links where you will find more detailed information on Queen Street West and the Danforth area.

showmetoronto.com/toronto_tour_queen_st_west…

yellow-net.com/greek-town-toronto-greektown-…

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,023 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What a city

How lovely of you to let us know! We love our city, but it's always nice when visitors have a similar reaction. Do come back, you only JUST scratched the surface!

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
188 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: What a city

Thanks very much for this. Heck of a deal you got! If you come back in the summer take a ferry ride out to the Island, especially the residential, Ward's Island, end of it, and just walk around. It is a fascinating little corner of Toronto that very few tourists go to see.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: What a city

I don't get to Queen St. West much but was there last night and driving around I noted so many shops that to me were new. I'm going to take a day and wander around Queen St. myself. It really looks interesting.

5. Re: What a city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 September 2009, 13:19