We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport Hotel

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
495 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Airport Hotel

I have a night in Toronto Airport late May between flights from NZ via LA to Iceland.

Can anyone recommend a cheapish, clean, quiet hotel for a rest after arriving very late evening and not flying out until late afternoon next day.

I would prefer easy access or a reliable shuttle if possible. Thanks.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport Hotel

I always use the Best Western Airport West located on Dixie Road. They have a shuttle to and from the airport included in the room price. However, you do NOT get a breakfast included with their low price. However, there is an excellent family run restaurant next door. The big problem will be with any hotel you chose, that checkout time is usually noon.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,734 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport Hotel

Hi;

You will need to check-in at the airport 3 hours prior to your departure, for international flights.

Most hotels have a check-out of 11am or 12 noon. You may be able to arrange a late check-out, but, I think the latest would be 1 pm.

Best Regards

sydney australia
Level Contributor
2,182 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport Hotel

I liked the sheraton Gateway which is in the airport at Terminal 3 - found the room very quiet & access to airport a 5 min. undercover walk, if you need to get to other terminals there is a free train shuttle between terminals! if you want to go into Toronto Town Centre we got the public bus at airport to a train station & then the train into centre - cost about 2.00 each or there is an airport bus about 16.00 ea (one way)

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,050 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport Hotel

Hello scliffy,

If you click on the option Discount Hotels (to the left on this page) it will bring up discount hotels in Toronto, including inexpensive hotels in the airport area.

Hope this helps.

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport Hotel

The original poster asked for a 'cheapish' hotel. I don't think the hotel at Terminal 3 meets that criterion.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport Hotel

Wow...Iceland...I hear that's beautiful, can you bring a bunch of us with you???

Scliffy,

gtaa.com/en/travellers/arriving/area_hotels/

check that out, it's the Airport's own listing of the area hotels near Pearson International. You'll see the full range of standard hotels; in the price range you want, I'd say any of the Holiday Inns, Marriotts, Quality, Comfort will do you just fine, but best for you to check them, and see if they offer the shuttle service. Sandman Inn has gotten some decent press, just opened recently but I don't know specifics like brekkie and shuttles.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,758 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport Hotel

We use Novotel Airport which has its own shuttle. Breakfast is additional, but quite inexpensive. Very clean, fairly new and quiet.

http://www.novoteltorontoairport.com/

8. Re: Airport Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 16:17