We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation in August

Canada
Level Contributor
414 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Accommodation in August

Two families visiting in August - 3 kids ages 8, 12 and 14. Plan on visiting Canada's Wonderland, Yorkdale Mall, CN Tower and a drive to Niagara Falls - flying in and out of Pearson. Need a mid-range hotel ($150 a night max - not fancy just clean) with a decent pool that is central to all these places. We will have a car. Your suggestions are appreciated.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,592 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Accommodation in August

Hi;

Wonderland is northwest of the city, Yorkdale is in the northwestern part of the city, and the CN Tower is located downtown.

I would suggest the Holiday Inn Yorkdale. It is located across the street from Yorkdale mall. At the opposite end of the mall, you can get a GO shuttle bus to Wonderland, or a subway to downtown.

Niagara Falls is approx. 80 miles / 130 km southwest of Toronto. The average drive is about 1½ hours, without any traffic delays.

Are you planning to rent a car, or take a tour to the Falls ?

Best Regards

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
87 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Accommodation in August

Hi,

I have booked hotels in Toronto twice. I used Priceline after endless searching of websites and even attempting to use an employee discount.

Sep 07 - Rate of $90 at Marriott Courtyard Downtown Toronto

May 08 - Rate of $70 at Sheraton Centre Downtown Toronto

If you need two beds in the room, Priceline and Hotwire leave that up to the hotel's availabilty. So you may need to book elsewhere?

Good luck!

st.john"s
Level Contributor
98 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Accommodation in August

Hi,

we are also staying in toronto in august, i never got as good price as above but i did get the delta cheslea for $135.00.....hope this helps a bit....

North Attleboro...
Level Contributor
262 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Accommodation in August

We're heading to Toronto in August and ended up booking the Courtyard Downtown Toronto for $149/night.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Accommodation in August

I agree with the first poster... the downtown hotels will not be central - the Holiday Inn would be your best bet. It is right by Yorkdale Mall.

If you don't feel like driving up to Wonderland, then there is a GO Bus which runs from Yorkdale up to Wonderland throughout the day as well. However parking will be less of a cost than the GO Bus.

If you are driving then the HI is beside Hwy 401 so it should be a fairly quick jaunt up.

And if you don't feel like driving downtown, then you can jump on the TTC (public transportation) to take you down from Yorkdale to the downtown core - get off at Union Station and walk 5 minutes to the Tower. Parking can be fairly expensive downtown.

The TTC has day/family passes for weekends and Statutory holidays - 1 pass for 2 adults and up to 4 children under 19 for the day all for $9.00.

Niagara Falls is going to be about an hour and a half drive from Toronto no matter where you stay.

The other option for hotel would be the Residence Inn Mississauga Airport Corporate Centre West. They have Studio, 1 Bedroom, and 2 Bedroom Suites with full kitchens. They are in the Mississauga area but close to the highways again... and a little more between Toronto and Niagara.

Have fun!!

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
87 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Accommodation in August

faith33,

Hi - it seems you are up on your Toronto driving! I have a question for you:

I am staying at the Sheraton Centre downtown. My flight (to the US) is at 2:40 pm. I am returning my rental car at the airport. When do you think I should depart the hotel? I was thinking 1115 to be there by 1215?

Always,

Seattle Justin

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
1,411 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Accommodation in August

That would be about right.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
87 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Accommodation in August

Hi,

Thanks for the response. How long does it normally take to drive from downtown Toronto to the airport outside of rush hour?

Always,

Justin

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
32 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Accommodation in August

Hey there - sorry I had been offline for a few days.

You do have your timing about right for returning the car. It can take anywhere from 30 mins+ depending on traffic to drive from downtown to the airport outside of rush hour - providing there's nothing else going on in the city, or any major accidents on the highways.

Seattle, WA
Level Contributor
87 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Accommodation in August

Thanks faith!