We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Blue Jays Tickets

Cleveland, OH
12 posts
Save Topic
Blue Jays Tickets

I am going to be coming in to town from Cleveland and wanted to know the best/easiest way to get tickets to the game. I've checked e-bay, craigslist and stub-hub but was just wondering if you had any suggestions besides paying at the gate? Also, where is a good place to grab drinks before the game? Any other Rogers Centre tips? THANKS SO MUCH!

Toronto ON
Level Contributor
671 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Blue Jays Tickets

I'm not sure why you don't want to get tickets at the gate but that is really the best/easiest way.

I live next to the Rogers Centre and go to probably over 20 games a year, in my experience your best bet is to just buy them at the gate, there are usually lots of good tickets available unless the Jays are playing the Yankees or Boston.

You won't get a deal from scalpers, even after the game has started they won't let the tickets go for less than face value, they usually get the tickets from season ticket holders and can exchange unused ones for other games. Plus, they also try to scam people that aren't familiar with the seating at Rogers centre.

For the best tickets I would call the box office ahead of time rather than buying online, I find the customer service agents on the phone to be very helpful in finding you the best available tickets.

Mentioned in this post
Boston
Boston
Massachusetts
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
26 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Blue Jays Tickets

The box office is your best bet. I have, however, gotten good deals from scalpers, but I also go to a lot of games and am familiar with the stadium. There aren't many bad seats, but I would stay away from the lower bowl (100 Level) too far down the baselines...

As for a place to find a drink, there are plenty. East Side Marios, Jack Astor's and the Loose Moose are on Front St. and are both just fine, but nothing special (although the waitresses at Jack Astor's are!!). A lot of the tourists and downtown business guys will go there because it's close.

There are several more places around the dome, but it depends what you're looking for. There are a lot of nicer restaurants on King St. near John St. Further up John there's the Fox & Fiddle which is a pretty chill little pub/restaurant. Smokeless Joes across the street seats about 10 people but has about 200 beers from all over the world...

Looking for anything specific?

Oh - it also might be worth it to check out the Steamwhistle Brewery tour, right across the street from the Rogers Centre (south side).

Mentioned in this post
Jack Astor's
Jack Astor's
81 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
Toronto
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Blue Jays Tickets

For what it's worth, I was at the game this past Sunday, and several scalpers were yelling out that they were selling tickets below face value. It was about 10 minutes before game time. Granted, it was Seattle, but I've been to a few games this year and each time there have been zillions of empty seats. I kind of think it's a buyer's market at the moment. If you do decide to go the scalper route, I wouldn't be shy about bringing along a seating chart for reference (you can get it here):

rogerscentre.com/seatmaps/2008_Jays_Seating.…

Also, I'd strongly recommend trying to get seats between first and third. I've found seating at The "Dome" to be horrible as you move out towards the outfield, even (especially, actually) if you are close to the field. It was designed as a multi-purpose facility, not a ballpark.

By the way, there's no really cool places to go for a drink before the game, but, as noted above, there are several "okay" spots. As far as places with any character, the area near the Rogers Centre is a bit of a wasteland...

Mentioned in this post
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
Cleveland, OH
12 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Blue Jays Tickets

Thank you guys so much for all of your helpful tips! We ended up buying tickets off of stub-hub, 2- 1st row seats in the upper deck (were broke college kids) for about 20 a peice. I hate dealing with scalpers and I'd rather just know what I am getting. I am going to look into some of the places you guys suggested...thanks again!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Blue Jays Tickets

$20 per ticket? I hate to say it but -- unless being in the first row is really important to you -- stub-hub gave you a bad deal. Those are $9 tickets, and the box office would still have plenty of them, though not in the first row.

Cleveland, OH
12 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Blue Jays Tickets

Yeah, going into I sort of knew it was going to be a higher price since Stub-Hub has got to make money out of it somehow but I think the first row behind home-plate will be worth 20. It would have only been 5 dollars cheaper to sit a bunch of rows back so I don't think it was too bad of a deal. I'm just happy to be going to the Rogers Centre and hope the Indians can pull out a victory!

7. Re: Blue Jays Tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 October 2009, 15:20