We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can Someone Please Help Re Place To Stay In Picton:

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Topic
Can Someone Please Help Re Place To Stay In Picton:

I was wondering if someone can reccomend a place to stay in Picton. I have found on the inter-net a few, but can not find any comments, or reviews.

One is Tip Of The Bay Hotel & Marina.

I would be looking for something clean, and pleasingly pleasant.

Thank you

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
926 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can Someone Please Help Re Place To Stay In Picton:

The only good resort hotel that I have heard about in Picton is Isaiah Tubbs Resort. Never been there myself.

Mississauga, Canada
Level Contributor
64 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can Someone Please Help Re Place To Stay In Picton:

Someone was just asking me about this the other day. Isaiah Tubbs has good reviews from what I've heard www.someplacesdifferent.com/. They are part of a chain of small boutique hotels in Ontario, Quebec, New York and Vermont.

Perth, Ontario...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Can Someone Please Help Re Place To Stay In Picton:

We just returned from staying at Isaiah Tubbs.

I actually wrote a review, but it's not posted yet.

It's a nice place. Has a beautiful setting and a fairly nice beach with a great view.

The staff on the desk are very friendly and helpful.

The room we stayed in was nice, but definitely showing signs of shabbiness. Not the cleanest room I've ever stayed in.

For the price, we were very disappointed in the quality.

The jets on the jacuzzi tub had lime buildup on them, so we were concerned about just how clean the pipes were, so we didn't bother using the jacuzzi function.

The worst part was actually the blood stain on the bedding. The sheet was obviously washed, and it was an old stain, but, really, when one is paying for a room that normally goes for $279/night, a stained sheet is not acceptable.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can Someone Please Help Re Place To Stay In Picton:

Isiah Tubbs is okay, but getting a little tired. Suggest you go to www.ontariotravel.net; that's local Ontario tourism site, very reputable here, and search up Picton. I think you may also wish to consider Waring House.

1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Can Someone Please Help Re Place To Stay In Picton:

Don't know if this is too late (or too far) but we just returned from a visit to the Devonshire Inn in Wellington (maybe 20 minutes west of Picton). Would highly recommend it.

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
910 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can Someone Please Help Re Place To Stay In Picton:

tip-of-the-bay is okay if nothing special as a motel. Under new management since the last negative review at this site. Isaiah Tubbs (which is not actually in Picton if that is important to you) is all over the map -- some people have a positive experience and some a very negative one. They are certainly not as good as they think they are or as their pricing would lead one to believe.

Good luck.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
819 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can Someone Please Help Re Place To Stay In Picton:

another tip, a bit pricey but new: http://huffestates.ca/index.htm

Clifton Park,NY
Level Contributor
543 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can Someone Please Help Re Place To Stay In Picton:

I realize its winter,and things may not look quite as nice,but I stayed at the Isiah Tubbs for a night,and was shocked they get the money they do for this place in the summer. Its really beat. Room was clean enough,but on the small side. Bathroom was tiny and the door was just this slider thing that didn't shut properly. The outside was in serious need of residing or a paint job.

The front desk was nice on check in and check out,but I had people calling me later in the evening and their was some trouble with the line,the clerk was alittle rude to the people calling in.

I would stay there in the winter again because the price isn't too over the top,but never in the summer.

toronto
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Can Someone Please Help Re Place To Stay In Picton:

It depends on how much you would like to spend. Just a short drive outside of Picton is the lovely Waring House Inn. The food is spectacular and the rooms are really nice. Great wine list and they have live music during the week.

Check their website for pricing etc. I would recommend it as one of the nicest in the area.

toronto
Level Contributor
40 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Can Someone Please Help Re Place To Stay In Picton:

Isiah Tubbs is the other side of the county from Picton. The Merrill Inn is right in Picton and is rated by lots of people. Haven't stayed there myself, but it looks good from outside.

I've stayed at the Waring House, which is maybe a 5 to 10 minute drive from Picton, and can confirm it's clean, pleasant and good value for money. Also has a lively bar and a separate restaurant.

My fave is the previously mentioned Devonshire Inn in Wellington. A lovely place, and right on the water's edge. It's maybe a 10-15 minute drive from Picton, if that.