We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visitors from Florida 23-29th Dec

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Visitors from Florida 23-29th Dec

Hello,

My friend and his family are visiting me for Christmas from Florida. He's got 2 boys, 7 & 11. They want to see and play in snow, the kids specially.

I live in Etobicoke area and they'll be spending Christmas with me and my wife.

Like to get some suggestions on what I can do during their stay, so the kids are not bored.

I have to take them skiing or snow tubing one day. Which one would be a good place, not too expensive and not too far away? They have never skii-ed before.

I am planning one day for Niagara Trip as well.

One evening, perhaps take them to City Hall area for skating and Cavalcade of Lights??

Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Thank you all.

Mentioned in this post
Niagara Day Tour
Niagara Day Tour
707 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
Florida
Florida
United States
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
78,893 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Visitors from Florida 23-29th Dec

Hi ronnroz;

For some winter fun, I would suggest Centennial Park which is bounded by Eglinton Ave., Rathburn Rd. & Renforth Dr.

toronto.ca/parks/parks_gardens/centennial.htm

For some other “things to do”;

• The Ontario Science Centre, at Eglinton Ave. E. and Don Mills Rd. (plan on a full day)

www.ontariosciencecentre.ca/

Casa Loma on Spadina Rd. south of St.Clair Ave. W. (plan on 2-4 hrs)

www.casaloma.org/

• The CN Tower on Front St. at Blue Jays Way (plan on 2 hrs)

www.cntower.ca

Best Regards

Mentioned in this post
Ontario Science Centre
Ontario Science Centre
1,557 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
Casa Loma
Casa Loma
6,099 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
CN Tower
CN Tower
19,914 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
Toronto
Level Contributor
20 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Visitors from Florida 23-29th Dec

A good place to ski for kids and first timers is Earl Bales Park. The ski hill is not too steep but still a good run, perfect for young kids. I think they also have some good slopes for tubing too. Location near Sheppard & Bathurst. Check Toronto Park & Rec for opening times.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Gravenhurst
Level Contributor
79 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Visitors from Florida 23-29th Dec

I would suggest a day trip to Horseshoe Valley.

Check it out at www.horseshoeresort.com

It's an easy day trip from the city. They have a great beginner's hill. Lessons ( private and group ) are available. They also have a popular tubing hill. I think you're more likely to be guaranteed snow here than closer to Toronto.

Another idea would be Blue Mountain . The area is called Town of Blue Mountains. Lots of shops to browse and great restaurants. Lots of choices for lodging in the area including Collingwood if you don't want to stay right at the village complex.

There is a 'family friendly' pool area at Blue Mountain. The kids might enjoy having a swim outside while its' snowing.

Good luck. Contact me if you have any questions.

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains
Grey County, Canada
Collingwood
Collingwood
Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
54 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Visitors from Florida 23-29th Dec

Thanks everybody for the posts.

I ended up taking them to the Horseshoe resort. They really enjoyed it and so did we. It was a cold day and we got lots of snow.

Thanks for recommending.

5. Re: Visitors from Florida 23-29th Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 October 2009, 02:19