We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question regarding Hotels near Pearson International airport

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Question regarding Hotels near Pearson International airport

Hi All,

My wife and I and our 20 month old daughter will be needing a hotel near Pearson International for the night of April 15th. We fly into Toronto from Halifax this date and will be staying overnight as we are catching our flight to Florida on the morning of April 16th.

Can somebody recommend a decent hotel near the airport, moderately priced, that is family friendly and has a shuttle to and from the airport?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

JB

London, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,361 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question regarding Hotels near Pearson International airport

There are a lot of hotels that have a free shuttle. It's just a case of searching through all of them to pick your price. I prefer the Best Western Airport West. It is quite inexpensive, clean, and has a free shuttle. If you can pull up a map of the area, it is located at the NE corner of 401 and Dixie Road. This location is at the western side of the airport, just at the end of the south east/west runway, although the planes do not go directly over the hotel, but to the south of it. It is still a good plane spotting area though. But the hotel is fully soundproofed and you don't hear the planes inside. There is a restaurant in the motel, but also, there is a Subway shop opposite the main entrance, and a family diner in the same mall.

It is within walking distance of a couple of other restaurants which you can see from the entrance to the hotel. It is NOT close to anything like a Tim Hortons, or McDonalds as these are all located south of the 401 and not in walking distance at all. The shuttle starts at 4:00am which you book the night before. It takes about 10 minutes to reach either T1 or T3 from the motel. If you are flying out of T3, there is a full service Tim Hortons at the West Jet departure gates. If you are going out of T1, leave extra time if you want to eat at the gates, as Air Canada seems to take longer than West Jet to do a check in despite all the self service machines/

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question regarding Hotels near Pearson International airport

Thank You,

Your information is very much appreciated.

I decided to go with the Courtyard Marriot which is very close to Pearson.

I got a great internet rate of $147 taxes/fees included and the reviews I have read (on trip advisor of course) seem positive.

JB

Winnipeg, Canada
Level Contributor
4,004 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Question regarding Hotels near Pearson International airport

We're looking into hotels for similar reason - overnight to catch connecting flight. We're arriving in TO at 9:30 in the evening and have to be at the airport by 6:00 am. Would likely miss food in a hotel unless they have or are close to a restaurant.

Dixon Rd and Dixie Rd seem to have a lot of hotels - would either Road be better to be in walking vicinity of a restaurant if someone is hungry once we finally get to the hotel. Could even be in Pizza delivery range if necessary.

We are actually considering using Air Miles to book hotel so Best Western or Holiday Inn could be our preferred hotels. Thanks for the Best Western info above - it is one we are considering.

Halifax, NS
Level Contributor
188 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Question regarding Hotels near Pearson International airport

Deb,

I booked through this site.

http://airporthotelguide.com/

We don't get into toronto until 8pm on the 15th of april and we need to be at the airport by 6am the next morning....quick stay.

toronto
Level Contributor
52 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question regarding Hotels near Pearson International airport

The way the question was asked, it seems everyone is replying with suggestions for hotels you need to shuttle to...

Nothing wrong with that, but I would absolutely recommend the Airport Sheraton instead. It is directly linked to the airport, so you don`t need to go outside. No matter what terminal you arrive at, you can take the airport skylink thing (forget what it`s called -- a little tram in the sky) and get there in minutes.

It has a nice pool and hot tub, a few decent eating options. I think we paid $119 for the night in December when we had an early flight to Ecuador the next morning.

By the way, I found the best rate was on the SHeraton website itself rather than on Expedia, etc. This may be a little more than you wnated to spend, but it will def. be worthwhile for the hassle free stay.

Good luck!

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question regarding Hotels near Pearson International airport

Hello Bell1313.

I have stayed at that Marriott Hotel before and was quite happy with it. It is very clean, and is a good size room. I think you will be satisfied with your choice.

Have a good trip!

7. Re: Question regarding Hotels near Pearson International airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2009, 23:17