We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there enough to do....

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Is there enough to do....

...in toronto for a two week stay? my girlfriend and I are thinking about going there for a holiday this year, and we were wondering if we would have enough activities/attractions to fill a two week trip?

part of me thinks a week will be long enough but since we are travelling a long way we thought we should make the most of it!

any opinions much appreciated!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,027 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there enough to do....

Hi;

When are you planning this trip for ?

Will you be renting a car ? (car hire)

Best Regards

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
52 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there enough to do....

I love Toronto dearly, but, for my tastes at least, two weeks would be a *long* time to spend here. I would suggest combining a trip to Toronto with a trip to Montreal or Quebec City, or perhaps even New York City or Chicago.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there enough to do....

we are looking to go either the last two weeks in June, or the end of august.

Flights for the package deal we are looking at are only scheduled on Saturdays, if 10 days is the best length of stay then we will have to look at independently booking flights and hotel.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there enough to do....

oh and we probably wouldnt be renting a car!

Combining the trip with a visit to another city sounds good...but finances may dictate otherwise!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,056 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Is there enough to do....

Definitely do the 10 days with a side trip (of about 3 days) to Montreal. It really depends on what you like though. If you were looking for a more outdoors experience, there are other places you could visit as well.

Glasgow, Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Is there enough to do....

thanks for all the help folks!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,027 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Is there enough to do....

Hi;

Niagara Falls is approx. 80 miles / 130 km southwest of Toronto. The average drive is about 1½ hours, without any traffic delays.

You have three transportation options available to you;

1. take a train, but limited number of trains between the two cities. www.viarail.ca

2. take a bus, frequent service. www.greyhound.ca or www.coachcanada.com

3. take a day tour bus, numerous companies.

Best Regards

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Is there enough to do....

Do not miss going to Niagara Falls. I can't imagine coming all the way to Canada, being in Toronto and missing Niagara Falls. You have received great advice on how to get there.

Depending on your Interests/preferences (ie are you an outdoors person, do you like museums etc.) you might consider a side trip to Ottawa... There are lots of museums and lots to see and do there too. I would suggest if you make that trip that you would want to have a least 2 nights in Ottawa...but you could spend more. It is easily reached by train (Via Rail) or bus (Greyhound) from Toronto.

If I were you, choosing between the two travel dates you mentioned, I would choose the last two weeks of June. Many of our schools don't stop until the end of June and it might be a little less busy in tourist destinations.

Toronto
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Is there enough to do....

Really does depend on your interests. To me, Toronto is one of the best cities in the world for its neighbourhoods, restaurants, live music scene, offbeat but accessible cultural activities and just hanging out. But it's not the prettiest place you'll ever see, has few iconic sights and has become such a megalopolis that you need to drive for two or three hours to get anywhere truly rustic. So if bars, live music, restaurants, baseball games, various shows, walking around neighbourhoods, lots of people, etc. are your bag, two weeks could probably fly by pretty quickly. There'd also be Toronto Island and the Beach (or Beaches) area for a bit of respite from the pavement. However, Niagara, Ottawa, Montreal and Northern Ontario (filled with lakes, cottages, etc.) are all within striking distance, so if you want a more varied experience, you should definitely think of some field trips.

Not sure if you've been this way before, but when I have hosted visitors from the UK, they have always loved spending a bit of time in Northern Ontario. No real equivalent to that in the UK or much of Western Europe.

Ballymena, Northern...
Level Contributor
36 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Is there enough to do....

Hey,

I was in toronto at the end of february 07 for 11 nights and have to say I had a brillant time and it was feezing and snowing, so you could have a few weeks there in summer and it would be just as good with plenty to do and see but still room to chill. I went to niagara falls and it is a nice place to see so you could take a few days there.

I am going to new york this saturday then onto toronto and niagara on the 27th janaury so I would recommend looking at doing what the other people have suggested by thinking about doing the multi trip holiday it is worth doing and does not add that much extra. check our flights with contiental airlines.