We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Frankie Tomatoes vs Vinnie Zuccinies

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Topic
Frankie Tomatoes vs Vinnie Zuccinies

I checked each review and it always says go to Frankies or go to Vinnies and doesn't even say why so i'm a little suspicous of who wrote the review. Anyway I was wondering which one is better Frankie Tomatoes or Vinnie Zuccinies or if there is a even better one that I do not know of.

Thanks

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Frankie Tomatoes vs Vinnie Zuccinies

Where were you looking at reviews?

You can see the following post at chowhound; seems like they like Frankie's better

http://chowhound.chow.com/topics/497397

What do you mean "a better one I do not know of"? A better what? All-you-can-eat, or Italian? The answer to both is "yes", but what part of the city are you looking for? A better buffet would be Tucker's Marketplace. And better Italian? Well, practically anywhere!

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Frankie Tomatoes vs Vinnie Zuccinies

Eeek, better than what?

Toronto
Level Contributor
786 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Frankie Tomatoes vs Vinnie Zuccinies

I have been yo both. They are not great. I would never go back to either of them. Cafeteria tasting mass produced tasteless food. Not worth the trip. The only buffet in Toronto that is good is Chinese - The Mandarin with over 13 locations. Goos luck.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Frankie Tomatoes vs Vinnie Zuccinies

I hear the chow's pretty good at Bobby Artichoke's. But Johnny Rutabaga's has gone downhill lately.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,026 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Frankie Tomatoes vs Vinnie Zuccinies

Lol! The only buffet I've had in recent years that was decent (read: good, not great) was Jerusalem on Leslie near Van Horne. It was surprisingly good for a buffet.

Toronto
Level Contributor
40 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Frankie Tomatoes vs Vinnie Zuccinies

Any buffet that isn't chinese don't care where

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,394 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Frankie Tomatoes vs Vinnie Zuccinies

I've always thought Tucker's was okay for buffet

http://www.tuckersmarketplace.ca/home.html

There are a few Indian buffet places downtown.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Frankie Tomatoes vs Vinnie Zuccinies

Ya, Tucker's is actually fairly decent, food is always fresh.

To their credit, the Mandarin Buffet (specifically the one at Yonge/Eglinton) does a great job. The turnover is SO fast that the food is really fresh all the time. And they cover everyone's taste, from Chinese to roast beef to waffles!

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Frankie Tomatoes vs Vinnie Zuccinies

I'm not big on buffets, but the lunch buffet at Little India, on Queen just west of University, is by far the best I've had.

Ontario
1 post
Save Reply
10. Re: Frankie Tomatoes vs Vinnie Zuccinies

Vinnies! Hands down! They opened a new one in Vaughn.. across from Vaughn Mills mall.. and the food is great! Friendly staff and nice decor. Frankies CRAP can't compare!

- Andrew