We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Advice

Herradura, Costa...
Level Contributor
318 posts
122 reviews
Save Topic
Trip Advice

Hi everyone!

Trip Advisor has helped me so much in the past, so of course, it's the first site I am visiting to plan this quick trip.

My husband and I are going to drive from Detroit to Toronto to see the Tigers play on 4/6. We plan on spending the weekend before and that Monday in Toronto, but have never been there before.

Would love suggestions on where to stay, where to eat, what to see, what to do, etc.

I am 31, my husband is 38. I love photography and he loves history and culture. We like mid to upscale hotels, and would love something near the "action", so we can walk to eat, sitesee, etc.

Food--we love Japanese, Mexican, Indian, Italian, whatever. We are vegetarians, but we do eat seafood.

Anyway, any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Advice

Hi lawgirlMI.

A few hotels you might want to check out are the Soho, Hotel Le Germain, the Marriott Toronto Eaton Centre Hotel, the Drake and the Gladstone. You can get a lot of information and reviews by clicking on 'Toronto Hotels' on the left. Each of the hotels I have mentioned are listed there, with hotel information and traveller reviews. Some reviews have photos as well...which can be helpful and assist you with your decision.

What to do....keeping what you listed as your interests in mind...the CN Tower, The Distillery District, Kensington Market, The Art Gallery of Ontario, The Royal Ontario Museum, Casa Loma to name a few things.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,069 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Advice

I also wanted to mention there are lots of interesting photo opportunities in Toronto. One of my favourite structures to photograph in the city, is the Flatiron building.

heritagefdn.on.ca/userfiles/HTML/nts_1_8890_…

If you check on this site (T/A) in the Inside Pages you will find a few articles that might give you some more ideas in regards to interesting places to photograph in Toronto. Here is one link to what I am talking about.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155019-s201/Toronto:…

Good luck.

3. Re: Trip Advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 03:16