We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sheraton Centre beds??

Springfield...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Sheraton Centre beds??

I booked two rooms on hotwire because there were 5 of us and when I called the Sheraton today to verify that we had 2 double beds they said they have us down for king beds. I booked 2 adults and 1 child in each room. At the Sheraton they tried to rebook me for almost $200 per night. I don't know if anyone else has any experience with this type of situation and if so do u think they will help us out when we check in??? Not sure what I should do. Does anyone know if they have rollaways?? Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sheraton Centre beds??

From the Hotwire FAQ (hotwire.com/helpcenter/hotels/searching-and-…), it looks like a king plus a rollaway is a possibility for 2 adults plus one kid in a room. You could give Hotwire customer service a call to confirm that, so you'll know before you get to the check-in counter.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,088 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sheraton Centre beds??

Most hotels do have rollaways, but they might try and charge you extra for it. I would try and verify that before you get there, to avoid any unwanted delays at the check in desk.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,675 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sheraton Centre beds??

I check in today, got a nice room--flat screed tv, nice bed but only one and just a double bed. Kind of small and only one-gee never seen that before in a 4 star hotel. A/C makes lots of noise too and isn't too cold....but for hotwire price of |$85 I'm happy. only for one night then its GO train time to the Falls, I post a review soon.

Hotel is very busy too.

Toronto
Level Contributor
786 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sheraton Centre beds??

IF you do NOT book directly with the hotel you can usually expect the worst rooms a hotel has unless they have ample rooms available. The best newer and bigger rooms are usually kept for those guests who book directly with the hotel. If you use hotwire then more than likely they made the error in getting your room at the Sheraton. They will book anything so long as they get your money. I doubt very much that the hotel is at fault. Hotwire made the booking and therefore they are responsible. You may be able to change when you get there but it will be at an additional rate. As this is a busy season rooms may be hard to come by. All in all Sheraton Centre is a good hotel. At least I hope you booked the CENTRE as it is the downtown hotel.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sheraton Centre beds??

Last year my sister and I went to New York; she came along with the rest of us, my hub & kids. I booked my room directly with the hotel, she booked her room through Expedia. Our room was fantastic, and I have recco'd this hotel a number of times. Her room was tiny; kinda room where space so tight you had to leave the room to change your mind.

Luckily for us, the hotel was gracious enough to change her to a different room, but as they explained, they have certain rooms of lesser quality that they use for the discount travel industry. Those are the smaller rooms or the ones that are in a "bad" location in the hotels that they would normally not book out til last chance.

So...while I always hear great stuff about hotwire and priceline because you can get fantastic pricing...you also get the bottom end of the hotel's rooms. These are win wins for the hotel and the discounter; hotel gets to use rooms it can't usually sell, and the discounter gets to provide a service. For folks like the poster above who said it was $85 for the night in a prime location and only one night, this is a fantastic service. For those of us travelling with family...it's not always the best option, comfort wise.

Let us know if you are able to resolve your issues. It will be good to note for others who watch these forums, too.

6. Re: Sheraton Centre beds??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 December 2009, 05:17