We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel at or near the airport?

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel at or near the airport?

We have a lay over in Toronto on our way back from Turks and Caicos and would like some help with a hotel either at the airport or near. Thanks

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel at or near the airport?

If you click on the Toronto Hotels link and go down the list, you'll see a number of airport hotels, in order of popularity:

3. Sandman Signature Hotel Toronto Airport

4. Residence Inn Toronto Airport

26. Sheraton Toronto Airport

27. Sheraton Gateway Hotel Toronto Airport

31. Radisson Suite Hotel Toronto Airport

35. Westin Bristol Place Toronto Airport

Etc., etc.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel at or near the airport?

Thanks for the list, i did find the link, guess i was a little question happy to soon. :)

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel at or near the airport?

The Sheraton is right at the Airport, so very convienent. No need for cab or bus to other hotels, however, believe it is also more expensive.

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
1,308 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel at or near the airport?

No cab is perfect. I will check it out. Just a quick over night stay so being right at the airport would be good.

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel at or near the airport?

The Sheraton Gateway definitely wins on proximity. However, if price is important, remember that most of the other airport hotels have free shuttles. No cab is necessary.

Caledon, Canada
Level Contributor
786 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel at or near the airport?

There are two Sheraton Hotels out by the airport.

Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre on 801 Dixon Road. ( formally the Renaissance Hotel)

Sheraton Gateway Hotel in Toronto International Airport.

Canada
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotel at or near the airport?

There are dozens of reasonably priced hotels a stone's throw from YYZ...Most if not all have complimentary shuttle and some have breakfast included. The shuttles run back and forth to the airport like clock work..no Taxi required.

Pick your price point....we have stayed at many of them...some newer than others......otherwise pretty comparable.

Google Tornto Airport Hotels for lists.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,045 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hotel at or near the airport?

Another hotel close to the airport is the Travelodge. Not a luxury hotel by any means, but for the price it's not a bad deal. (100.00) and there is a free shuttle to the airport. The rooms are what I would call a 'country look' and although I have not stayed there in years, I have visited people staying there a few times recently, and the rooms are clean. And the lobby area is bright and inviting.

All the best.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,045 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Hotel at or near the airport?

Sorry ...wanted to add a link.

travelodge.com/Travelodge/…

10. Re: Hotel at or near the airport?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 January 2010, 07:18