We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Posting reviews

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kitchener
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Posting reviews

I am posting this here as I don't know where else to inquire. I submitted a restaurant review on Feb 8 after a weekend trip to T.O.

It still hasn't been posted. The guidelines say reviews are usually posted within 48 hours. I believe I followed all the rules. Do any of the Toronto experts have any thoughts on why the delay? Would like to see my review posted after I took the time to write it.

Thanks so much

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,717 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Posting reviews

In my experience, it usually takes a lot longer than 48 hours for a review to appear. I would just be patient and keep watch for it.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,068 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Posting reviews

Hi kasonhill;

For future reference, the Support Forum is available for general questions and assistance using the TripAdvisor site.

tripadvisor.ca/ShowForum-g1-i12105-TripAdvis…

Reviews from new users can, and usually are, a bit slower to be posted. Reviews can be posted in as little as a day or as long as a few weeks, depending on the staff’s workload at TripAdvisor.

1) Have you looked in the "contributions" area on your profile page to see if the review is showing as "pending" ?

If your review shows as pending, it has not yet been vetted by TA staff.

2) Make sure TA has your correct email address and that no mail from TA has gotten caught up in a spam folder in your email system. TA sends an email for you to confirm your review in an effort to reduce fraudulent postings.

You have to click on the link in the email in order for the review to be published. If you don't click the link in the email within the allotted time frame, the review will be deleted.

If you have further questions about your review, please post them on the Support Forum.

Best Regards

Kitchener
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Posting reviews

Thank you fallsdude and RescueTeam.

I'll keep watching.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,068 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Posting reviews

You're Welcome !

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Posting reviews

Hi kasonhill.

I submitted two restaurant reviews a few weeks ago. They were published rather quickly, actually within a day or two. And then all of a sudden they disappeared. I found out TA emailed me out a confirmation request to verify that I had indeed submitted the post. For some reason I either didn't notice the request or it ended up in my junk file. Because I didn't reply that it was my post, it was deleted and I had to rewrite both reviews and resubmit. I am afraid the same thing may happen to you.

The thing is TA doesn't always sent out these requests, they must do it on a random basis I think, because I have since posted another review and didn't receive any verification post.

Hope this helps a little and sorry if you will have to rewrite your post.

Best wishes.

North Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
4,328 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Posting reviews

They will also email you if your review has been rejected so either way you will be receiving an email

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Posting reviews

Hi kasonhill,

Welcome to TA - I see you're a new member. On occasion, a "new" member's only purpose to join is to trash an establishment that they feel has done wrong by them. Depending on the language used (and I'm not suggesting profanity but rather slander) there's a possibility that it will not be posted because it may have been written out of sheer vindictiveness. If TA staff have nothing to compare your remarks to within the restaurant ratings or your own past reviews, they may discern it to be vindictive. Hopefully that's not the case, but I thought this needed to be said.

:-)

Toronto
Level Contributor
313 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Posting reviews

Hopefully they also look out for fakely positive reviews, perhaps posted by the restaurant owners. These may be hard to detect, but they obviously do a disservice to users looking for a good spot. I was just on another city's restaurant review page, and it struck me that a lot of the more gushing reviews for the top places were from from first time contributors. The tone of many of them seemed too similar to be coincidental. But who knows?

9. Re: Posting reviews

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2010, 06:23