We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Novotel or Bond Place?

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
West Midlands
Level Contributor
108 posts
130 reviews
Save Topic
Novotel or Bond Place?

Hi, I'm looking at staying over in Toronto for a couple of nights in September, mainly to visit Niagara but also to have a look at CN tower etc. Trying to decide between Novotel or Bond Place - both look in similar area and are similar price to stay. Any advice?

many thanks

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,055 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Novotel or Bond Place?

Hi traveller2148.

Between the two hotels mentioned I would suggest the Novotel.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,161 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Novotel or Bond Place?

Other than the fact that each is located about a block east of Yonge Street, they aren't really in similar areas.

The Novotel is quite close to Union Station, which makes it convenient for getting to Niagara if using the GO Transit system or VIA Rail, and for accessing the subway system. (or, in fact, for getting on the expressway if you choose to drive to Niagara) Also close by is St. Lawrence Market, a great indoor food hall. The neighbourhood, particularly to the north & east is quite historic. To the west is the heart of the financial district.

The Bond Place Hotel is a block east of Yonge-Dundas Square, a "Times Square" style plaza opposite the monstrously huge Eaton Centre shopping mall. To the immediate north is Ryerson University & to the immediate south is a combination of religious, health care & live theater facilities. To the east, the neighbourhood gets a bit seedy, although we wouldn't go so far as to call it unsafe.

It sounds like you've already checked pricing, so maybe this isn't a concern, but the Toronto International Film Festival runs from September 9- 18, 2010. During the festival hotel rooms are scarce & expensive, so if your plans include that time period you should get a room secured soon.

West Midlands
Level Contributor
108 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Novotel or Bond Place?

Gosh what prompt replies!

Yes, I was favouring the Novotel, so you have confirmed that idea!

Luckily, I will be coming near to the end of the month, but I am hoping to book within the next couple of days, so hope there won't be a problem Thanks again, I find these forums invaluable!

4. Re: Novotel or Bond Place?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2010, 06:17