We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel to Rogers Centre

pasadena, nl
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Topic
Travel to Rogers Centre

We will be staying at the Super 8 in Vaughan, 3400 Steeles Ave., W, Hwy 4005, Steeles Avenue. We will be going to the Roges Centre on August 12th. We are going to watch the afternoon Blue Jays Game and would also like to visit the CN Tower. We will have a rental car while we are in Toronto but would prefer not to drive downtown. Any suggestion on our best way to get there and back. Thanks for your help.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel to Rogers Centre

Sure - take the 400 south to the 401 east. Exit at Yorkdale and park there, then use the subway. Done this many times myself. I would head down early to avoid rush hour on the 401 - but it sounds like you're doing that anyway.

Edited: 28 May 2010, 20:22
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel to Rogers Centre

The above sounds like a good recommendation. There is no such place as the Rogers Centre though, its called the Skydome no matter who owns it now! :)

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,124 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel to Rogers Centre

Hi kjkToronto;

Please, don't confuse the tourists who won't understand your comments.

browns1;

FYI...The building was originally the named the SkyDome, but was purchased by a company named "Rogers" who renamed it the "Rogers Centre"

Best Regards

pasadena, nl
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel to Rogers Centre

Thanks Oncearound...I guess your happy your team won Saturday Night!!! When you say exit at yorkdate and park there...where exactly is there? I have never been to Toronto and we will be relying on our GPS to get us around. Does it cost anything to park there? Does the subway take you directly to the Rogers Cenre (Skydome).

Thanks kjkToronto: I would have been confused!!! !Everything on the net lists it as the Rogers Centre.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel to Rogers Centre

It is in fact called The Rogers Centre now, I was just making (an apparently unfunny) joke.

Yorkdale is a mall just south of the 401 ( www.yorkdale.com/plan-your-visit/parking/ ). The "Yorkdale" subway stop is next door. The website does not indicate a cost for parking.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel to Rogers Centre

Go Jays! I miss Doc but Romero's a comer, so look out - and can we hit dingers or what! How 'bout that Bautista guy...

I sometimes park at Yorkdale and take the subway, the parking is free - but I'm there evenings or weekends. There is a parking garage adjacent the subway. It might be full on a weekday, so if it is just park at the shopping center and walk up to the subway from there. Sounds like you guys are okay with walking anyway and it's not that far. Yorkdale is a nice shopping centre also, so it may end up serving a couple of purposes for you.

Anyway, coming off the ramp from the 401 just follow the parking signs and try that first. Pretty easy, you'll figure it out when you get there.

Go Hawks!!! looking for a sweep!

Edited: 01 June 2010, 01:04
Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1,139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel to Rogers Centre

You get off at dufferin yorkdale and follow TTC parking signs. The usual place to park is a multi layered garage at the far east side. When I have gone it has been free. You walk thru the garage it takes you over a footbridge to part of the mall turn left over another bridge to the subway. Take southbound to union station. From there follow signs after going upstairs or in all these places just ask people are very helpful.

On the way back make sure you get the right northbound train towards yorkdale. Subways are great but traffic sucks so give extra time.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Algonquin Provincial Park
Level Contributor
1,604 posts
1,139 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel to Rogers Centre

I just went to the game on Sunday, so to refresh

Collector lanes on 401 get off at Dufferin Yorkdale, it plits into two stay on Yorkdale go straight past first light (only goes to right), then road curves and there is another light. Turn right and the I think a 4 way stop. Turn left to covered garage, go up to middle or upper level to far end (south east) away from where you entered. Stairway at far corner leads to a pedestrian bridgeover to where subway is (signs ask people. Machine will give tokens (4 for $10 easy to use) or you can buy from attendant (much slower have a$10 bill). Up stairs, southbound is on your right. All the way union station, follow SKYWALK to game.

When you leave garage you end up out the back way, it curves left then thru a light, follow 401 west/Allen NORTH, which then splits and take 401.

It is easier than it sounds but definately the way to go..

pasadena, nl
Level Contributor
51 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel to Rogers Centre

Tahnks everyone for your help....our trip is getting close and we are really looking forward to it. The game we are going to see is on thursday afternoon, August 12 @ 12.37 p.m. Anyone know approximately what time we should leave our hotel to get to the subway and to make it to the game on time. Thanks.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel to Rogers Centre

Your drive to Yorkdale is about 20 minutes tops and give yourself 10 - 15 minutes for parking and getting to the subway. From Yorkdale it's 20 minutes to Union Station via subway and about a 10 minute walk to the stadium from there.

So plan on maximum 1 hour start to finish for travel time.

Gates at the Rogers Centre open 90 minutes before the first pitch. You can watch the visiting team pre game warm ups and batting practice.