We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

G20 Protests

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
G20 Protests

Just watching the coverage on CTV and am completely embarrassed for Canada and having to be represented by these fools. Big tip to any travelers in the area: AVOID IT!!! You do not need to get caught up in this embarrassing nonsense of a bunch of bad apples who are likely not even Canadians and are certainly not welcome.

Caledon, Canada
Level Contributor
786 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: G20 Protests

What exactly did they spend 1 billion on. The police don't have much control. Anyone that gets caught up in this mess its their own fault, they have been warning visitors for months to avoid the downtown during the G20.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: G20 Protests

Legitimate protestors do not break windows and steal merchandise from Future Shop. Criminals do that.

I don't think we really have to worry about the visitors; up until these idiots launched themselves on downtown, it's been like a ghost town all over Toronto. You could have shot a cannon down Avenue Road for the last two days.

Just too damn sad.

Brampton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,560 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: G20 Protests

Lock 'em up, try them and make them pay for the damages.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: G20 Protests

Agreed

Iroquois, Canada
Level Contributor
2,445 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: G20 Protests

I agree but it will not happen because of the courts, buts whats with the peacefull protesters just watching them as they destroyed things, pull the masks off these people so they can be exposed don't just watch,

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,036 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: G20 Protests

Protesters protest, criminals commit crimes.

Like the rats that they are, police found some of these criminals crawling in / out of the sewer system.

Here’s to the hard working men and women of the Integrated Security Unit who are keeping the City of Toronto safe !

Edited: 27 June 2010, 15:34
Bath, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
66 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: G20 Protests

I was sad to see footage of these vandals on the news this morning, having just returned from a wonderful trip to Toronto. The same destruction and violence happened during the London summit last summer - it's just an excuse for mindless idiots to cause mayhem.

I hope you all manage to get back to normality soon, and these criminals are dealt with appropriately.

gxp
Niagara
Level Contributor
2,254 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: G20 Protests

Can't believe the mentallity of some. They're interviewing an organizer on TV and they are now going to protest to support the idiots who were arrested.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: G20 Protests

We live about 4 blocks from the 'staging' area for the police during the G20. It turns out that it's also the temporary holding area for the people they are arresting. I've been watching CBC. I'll be going out today, but I've got to pick my route carefully.

10. Re: G20 Protests

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 01 July 2010, 00:05