We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Bistro Recommendation near Sheraton Centre

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
826 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
French Bistro Recommendation near Sheraton Centre

I'm looking for a recommendation for a French Restaurant that is relatively close to the Sheraton Centre for dinner on a Thursday night. My friend has a car so it doesn't have to be within walking distance - we just don't want something miles and miles away.

I'd like a casual sort of place - Bistro rather than fancy restaurant. Somewhere between $20-30 for a main meal (entree) as we are on a budget. But not so casual it's a hole in the wall or anything.

I've done a search on TA and I just don't know where to begin there seem to be so many.

Can anyone make any suggestions?

Edited: 03 August 2010, 00:34
toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: French Bistro Recommendation near Sheraton Centre

La Palette fits the bill -- casual and funky, and now with two locations, both not too far from the Sheraton. www.lapalette.ca Reservations recommended.

Even better: Delux on Ossington, a French-Cuban spot: torontolife.com/guide/…

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
826 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: French Bistro Recommendation near Sheraton Centre

Thanks! I saw a review on La Palette about the horse meat which made me laugh. I'd probably skip the pony, but the rest of the menu looks great. Delux sounds interesting with the French come Cuban influence.

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: French Bistro Recommendation near Sheraton Centre

I'd second La Palette - and if offered don't look a gift horse in the mouth ;-)

Edited: 03 August 2010, 02:59
Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
826 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: French Bistro Recommendation near Sheraton Centre

^ I've got the Mr Ed song in my head now!

toronto
Level Contributor
3,252 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: French Bistro Recommendation near Sheraton Centre

If you're looking for variety, La Palette offers a dish called the Quack and Track - horse tenderloin and confit de canard.

6. Re: French Bistro Recommendation near Sheraton Centre

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 January 2011, 09:07