We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park n Fly Air Canadia CheckIn

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
119 reviews
Save Topic
Park n Fly Air Canadia CheckIn

Has anyone used the Air Canada checkin kiosk at the Vallet Park N Fly? Can you check your luggage there as well, or just get your boarding pass? Does it save much time at the airport?

Thanks

Edited: 24 January 2011, 19:05
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,343 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park n Fly Air Canadia CheckIn

Check in at Air Canada in T1 involves using the computerized check in terminals before you line up to approach the clerk to get bags weighed etc. If this is the same system, at Park n Fly, then I don't see how this would save time as there are so many of these terminals, that I have never had to wait more than a minute or so for the passenger ahead of me to finish. In fact, I would say, 99% of the time, there is a vacant terminal right on arrival. The time begins to add up, after you join the line to show passports etc and check your baggage. If it were I, I would feel that something might go wrong between the Park and Fly satellite machine and the central terminal that is recording the information and relaying back to you. I am not sure, but I think it highly unlikely that after 9/11, luggage can be checked in anywhere except right at the desk at the airport itself. If this was the case, then I would believe it would be a huge security risk sending precleared baggage to the airport from an outside termional. Too many things could be inserted on the bus between P n F and T1.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,153 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park n Fly Air Canadia CheckIn

You can get your boarding pass at the Park n Fly kiosk, but you cannot check your luggage ... as noted by travels1940, this service ended after 9/11.

Once you have your boarding pass, at the airport you just go straight to the baggage drop off line.

Of course, if you check in online at home and you have a printer, then you can print your pass, and head straight to the baggage drop at the airport anyway.

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park n Fly Air Canadia CheckIn

How soon before your flight can you check in on line?

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park n Fly Air Canadia CheckIn

Checked the Air Canada site, and see it is 24 hours. Thanks for info. Never would have thought of doing on-line!

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,153 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Park n Fly Air Canadia CheckIn

You're most welcome.

Only caveat - depending on flight time, still leave yourself time at airport for baggage drop - the lines can be pretty long, especially in early morning.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Park n Fly Air Canadia CheckIn

Hi Artie1,

Welcome to the TORONTO TRAVEL FORUM.

You haven't told us where you are off to...

You should be aware that IF your flight is to the USA... you should allow LOTS of time for the process - Check In (including Waiting in line) - Drop Bags - Customs Pre-Clearance - Security etc.

Last I heard here on the TORONTO FORUM, I believe the advice still remains at 2-1/2 to 3 Hours for the process... especially so if you are flying early in the morning or on a Holiday.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Owen Sound, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Park n Fly Air Canadia CheckIn

Thanks Wine! I am heading to Jamaica to celebrate my 50th in early March. Flight is 9:20 in the AM, so we are thinking we will just get up and head out around 4:30 to drive down rather then stay over night at a hotel, which is what we ussually do, hence the Park-N-Fly question. That should get us to the Park-N-Fly Lot around 6:40 AM.

Edited: 27 January 2011, 12:53
8. Re: Park n Fly Air Canadia CheckIn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2012, 12:16