We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel stay 3 separate locations Toronto?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
79 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel stay 3 separate locations Toronto?

We arrive in Toronto on a Saturday night, and plan to tour the city the next day (Sunday) ?

Sunday night we must overnight at accommodation near Georgetown for a visit with family Monday. This part is fine.

For the next two nights we may have to stay in an area close to the airport. Either shuttle/cab or car for exit flight. ?

Question 1: Where to stay in the city to take in the best and make the most of it Sat night? We need to find a quiet room with views of the city.

Question 2: Where to stay so we need to take no longer than 10 mins to drive from our hotel to the airport. Concerned about city traffic on a week day morning. Otherwise would have stayed in Mississauga or Markham perhaps.

We are happy to try hotwire or priceline etc for 3 or 4 star hotels, and have looked at tons of them on TA and just needed some last minute guidance if possible.

Thanks for any advice.

Mentioned in this post
Mississauga
Mississauga
Ontario, Canada
Markham
Markham
Ontario, Canada
Vip Ontario Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours
Walk Toronto Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
Tourthe6ix
City Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Walking Tours
Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,081 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel stay 3 separate locations Toronto?

Forget Markham; it's at the entirely opposite end of where you want to be and will add way too much time into your plans just to get from there to the city. It's a bedroom community suburb northeast to Toronto, with not great transit options.

There's a hotel right on the airport grounds, the Sheraton Airport, for your ease of access on the 2nd two night, that might just be your easiest. Georgetown is a bedroom community suburb west of Toronto, and only about 30 minutes drive from Pearon International airport. I don't think you have a lot of hotel options, you could just add another night to the Sheraton and then take transit into the city on Sunday.

A downtown hotel with views of the city can be had by most of the large chain hotels in downtown. Very popular with tourist is the Sheraton Centre on Queen, across from our City Hall. Priceline's Toronto West includes that one, as I understand.

Toronto, on
Level Contributor
130 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel stay 3 separate locations Toronto?

A great hotel right in the heart of Downtown and great for sightseeing is the Metropolitan Hotel, be sure to book the luxury rooms for best views and amenities. The price is pretty good too and has all that you would ask for. Great location to tour most main attractions Downtown.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,200 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel stay 3 separate locations Toronto?

lillylooking

Another place you might want to consider for your stay in the city, is the One KIng Hotel and Residence. The reviews here are excellent. The hotel also has amazing views which you are after.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g155019-d573658…

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,358 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel stay 3 separate locations Toronto?

I've stayed at all three hotels recommended downtown; my choice is the Sheraton Centre by far. In fact, that is where I am as I write this. Great hotel, great location. I'm also a fan of the Sheraton Gateway at Terminal 3 at the airport. Wonderful staff and service, smaller hotel - I'm staying there tomorrow night.

5. Re: Hotel stay 3 separate locations Toronto?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2012, 23:16