We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Yorkville hotel

Boston...
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Yorkville hotel

I booked a hotel on priceline today and the reviews are making me nervous - I don't like the fact that you have to be assigned a hotel without any knowledge but I took a chance. The hotel is in Yorkville area - SUTTON PLACE HOTEL

is it a real pit or is it a nice hotel ?

Toronto
Level Contributor
1,507 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Yorkville hotel

hello lloita,

I've read the reviews here on TripAdvisor, and there are only a couple of negative ones. Overall, people seem pleased with the Sutton Place. And it seems that the management reads the reviews and responds properly. It looks like the major complaints are dated decor (who cares?) and problems with sound....bring earplugs.

Boston...
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Yorkville hotel

thank you - that makes me feel better!

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Yorkville hotel

I wouldn't be to worried. There is a lot worse hotels in the city you could have gotten. Sutton Place is in a great location.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,024 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Yorkville hotel

Sutton Place is just south of Bloor & Bay, a real hub of activity. Walking distance to the Wellesley & Yonge subway. I understand a paint job wouldn't go amiss, but other than that, it's a great old hotel. A little more "formal" than some of the other chains (i.e. Marriott or Hiltons), but nothing to worry about.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,070 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Yorkville hotel

When I read reviews, I always keep in mind that there are some people you can never please....it seems that they have to complain about something!!. If staff is attentive to my needs, its clean, comfortable and convenient for a good price....what more could I want?? With this attitude, we've stayed in some places that we could have complained about...but life is too short. Enjoy your stay....and we would love for you to post a review about what you find at the Sutton Place.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,088 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Yorkville hotel

There is nothing wrong with the Sutton Place (yes some rooms are a little tired but nothing to be overly worried about.) You could do much worse. I think you will be impressed... it has a lovely lobby area. And the hotel is in a fairly good location for getting around.

If you get a chance check back and let us know what it was like. Thx!

Edited: 04 June 2011, 06:29
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
5,121 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Yorkville hotel

If you do not like the unknown there is a place on PL where you can choose the hotel you want ..it may not be a cheap as bidding but still good deals

I also agree the Sutton Place is not too bad it was a top hotel for many years but may need some TLC

Good location

Boston...
Level Contributor
81 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Yorkville hotel

I like your attitude and your right! thanks

9. Re: Yorkville hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 12:16