We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brew Pub Downtown

canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Brew Pub Downtown

We really enjoyed a brew pub in Montreal so we are wondering if Toronto has any interesting brew pubs. We are staying at the Le Meridian King Edward hotel downtown. Thanks again.

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,081 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brew Pub Downtown

The King Eddy is steps away from one of our local TA favourites, beerbistro. While not specifically a brew pub, they do have a fantastic chef, and if you ask them to do a beer-paired menu for you, it's outta this world. The resto is actually part owned by a well-respected beer columnist.

Toronto
Level Contributor
787 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brew Pub Downtown

I have to agree with flyinmom on this one. Beer Bistro is a great spot. They have a large selection of beers (taps and bottles) as well as great Mussel Bowls.

http://www.beerbistro.com/

There is also another spot called C'est What located around the corner on Church and Front. They tend to have a good craft beer selection and again, some descent food.

http://www.cestwhat.com/

canada
Level Contributor
78 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Brew Pub Downtown

I am looking for a pub that actually brews its own beer onsite. Are there any such pubs in the brewery district? How far is this district from King St. East?

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,081 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brew Pub Downtown

Granite Brewery and Restaurant, Mt Pleasant & Eglinton (north Toronto).

Mill St Brew Pub in the Distillery District

Not sure when you're coming, but you might want to know about this: ontariocraftbrewers.com/craftbeerweek/events…

You'll find a list of a bunch of other pubs in and around town in there.

Mentioned in this post
Granite Brewery
Granite Brewery
146 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
52 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Brew Pub Downtown

For a pub/restaurant that brews its own beer onsite, check out The 3 Brewers (www.les3brasseurs.ca/eng/toronto_yonge.php) which is on Yonge Street, between Dundas and Queen (but much closer to Dundas than to Queen). It's about a five minute walk north on Yonge from the King Edward Hotel.

Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
592 posts
201 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Brew Pub Downtown

C'est What used to be a brewpub but I believe they have their beers made for them now.

I would heartily recommend both beerbistro and C'est What. I personally prefer Granite over Mill Street, but its a long way up the subway from King St. Mill Street is also definitely worth checking out if you plan to visit the Distillery District.

Toronto
Level Contributor
787 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Brew Pub Downtown

There isn't a lot of 'true' brew pubs in downtown Toronto.

There used to be Duggans but they just shut down.

Mill Street in the Distillery is descent. There Tank House is a good.

Steam Whistle brews there own beers, but not really a pub to go too.

The Three Brewers are from Montreal.. and have location on Yonge, so if you are looking for that.. they are here too.

To be honest (and speaking from a beer enthusiast myself) there are no real brew pubs in downtown Toronto.. the real estate is just too expensive.

If you want to try craft beer, I can give you a list of ones to look out for, but you wont just find a place that is a brewery downtown.. there just isnt any.

stick to our suggestions above and go to Cest What or Beer Bistro, or really any of the pubs in the area and you will find a few craft beers on tap.

Cheers

k

Mentioned in this post
Montreal
Montreal
Quebec, Canada
Niagara-on-the-Lake...
Level Contributor
403 posts
249 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Brew Pub Downtown

The Steam Whistle Brew Pub near the CN Tower is a lot of fun. They run tours but you can just stand and sample the beer as well.

9. Re: Brew Pub Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2012, 08:21