We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel recommendation near Union Station

Adelaide, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
Hotel recommendation near Union Station

I am an over 55 year old Australian lady who will be travelling on my own by train and need a hotel as close to the railway station as possible for an overnight stay.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Sarasmum

Toronto
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel recommendation near Union Station

the fairmont royal york is right across the street...

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
121 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel recommendation near Union Station

The Royal York is definetly your best bet as far as distance from the station is concerned, however you might find it to be a bit expensive if all you're looking for is a place to spend the night.

Really the only other hotel that I can think of that is within walking distance of the station is the Strathcona. I'm pretty sure it would be a lot more reasonably priced than the Royal york.

canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel recommendation near Union Station

There is also the InterContinental Toronto Centre Hotel which is a block west of train station (Union Station) on Front Street. Has a very good spa on site.

Adelaide, South...
2 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel recommendation near Union Station

Thank you everyone. I will check out the hotels mentioned.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel recommendation near Union Station

There are taxi cabs galore if you find another downtown hotel you like. At most you have a ten to fifteen minute ride in a cab to Union Station. Most of that time Im guessing only because of traffic.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,029 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel recommendation near Union Station

There is also the Novotel on The Esplanade. It is in a great spot because it is halfway between Union Station and the St. Lawrence Market.