We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best public transport option: toronto to notl

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
291 posts
237 reviews
Save Topic
Best public transport option: toronto to notl

Hi,

I want to go to Niagara on the Lake by public transport. Is the best option a VIA train to Niagara Falls, then a taxi, or should I get off at a different station? Thanks!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,505 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best public transport option: toronto to notl

Hi ms_scotsgirl;

Yes, that would be the easiest and probably quickest.

Best Regards

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best public transport option: toronto to notl

Or Greyhound bus to Niagara Falls and then taxi. I believe the bus has more arrivals and departures than the train, but you can check here:

http://greyhound.ca/home/

London
Level Contributor
96 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best public transport option: toronto to notl

Not quicker to get off at St Catharine?

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,625 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best public transport option: toronto to notl

Cheapest would be GO Tranist to St Catharine and then either Coach Canada or Greyhound to NOTL.

Good point melaniescarle, besides the train and bus stations are away from the Falls so you won't even get to see them, why go all the way to Niagara, I would get off at St Catharine's, be quicker too.

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,971 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best public transport option: toronto to notl

Neither Coach Canada nor Greyhound have service to Niagara on the Lake.

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
291 posts
237 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best public transport option: toronto to notl

We ended up taking VIA train to St Catherines and a taxi to NOTL. On the way back the train had derailed, so we took a Megabus back to Toronto - almost as comfortable, and took the same amount of time (presumably it was cheaper too - wish I hadn't bought that rather expensive return train ticket!)

7. Re: Best public transport option: toronto to notl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 30 July 2011, 13:35
8. Re: Best public transport option: toronto to notl

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 14:17