We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

please help with places to camp

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Onaping, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
please help with places to camp

Hi, I am writing in the Toronto forum because the wasaga beach forum doesn’t seam to get much feed back and I am hoping that someone in the Toronto forum might be of help.

My Husband, 2 young boys and myself are considering camping in the Wasaga Beach area, unfortunately there isn't a lot of information on it. If anyone could recommend a good campground with clean bathrooms and possibly a pool, that is decently priced (under $40) that would be greatly appreciated.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,045 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: please help with places to camp

Hello.

Welcome to the Toronto forum.

Sorry I can't give you first hand experience I am not much of a camper. Maybe you can get a few ideas from the below sites. And hopefully others will chime in with more information that will help you find a good place to camp.

staycanada.ca/ontario/…campsites.php

wasagabeachlodging.worldweb.com/Campgrounds/

tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g316030-Wasaga_Beach…

Best wishes.

Edited: 06 July 2011, 04:10
Onaping, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: please help with places to camp

Thank-you for the links i wil definetly check them out.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
13 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: please help with places to camp

Hello.

I've never been camping near Wasaga Beach, so I can't suggest any places, but the sites northerndecorator listed will help. You can also check out www.ontarioparks.com for other places to stay.

Visiting the beach itself is a must. If you do plan on going there, you might want to take note that the long beach is actually divided into several smaller beaches. Beaches 1& 2 are near the main attraction area, with restaurants & small shops and are very busy. If you drive west a bit, you will find beaches 3 through 6. They don't have the amenities, but are much quieter beaches and are otherwise identical in quality of sand/swimming, etc. We usually go to beach 3 as there is a parking lot nearby as well as some stores only 2 blocks in from the beach, should you need any last minute supplies.

Enjoy your visit!

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: please help with places to camp

These also might help:

www.ontariooutdoor.com/index.aspx?language=en

http://www.campgrounds.org/

Hanover, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: please help with places to camp

There is a great Provincial Park further west of Wasaga Beach. It is right on Georgian Bay...Craigleith Provincial Park.

Onaping, Canada
Level Contributor
163 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: please help with places to camp

Thanks for all the help everyone, we ended up booking with Wasaga Dunes family campground and are very excited to go.

7. Re: please help with places to camp

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2012, 08:19