We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto multi day metro pass, and order of activities?

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
152 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto multi day metro pass, and order of activities?

(2 adults + 8 yr boy, no car)

Stay at "The Sutton Place Hotel" for 3 nights, about 2.5 day for activities. (Toronto Island, CN tower, Casa Castle, Royal Museum)

2:00pm flight from YTZ on Wed and Try to avoid crowd,

Should we go to Toronto Island on Mon or Tues?

which order should we other 3 sights?

Is there a multi day metro pass thing in Toronto? ( N. Fall has a 24 hr pass, Montreal has 72 hr pass). If there is, is it easy to use to get those places?

Thx ahead

new york
Level Contributor
2,849 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto multi day metro pass, and order of activities?

To the best of my knowledge there is not a multi day pass. The weekly pass goes by day of the week (I belive it starts on Monday). There is a day pass but unfortunately the best value for that is on the weekends and it sounds like you are there during the week. 10.00 per day but on the weekend 2 adults and a child could have just used one pass.

detroit
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
5,496 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto multi day metro pass, and order of activities?

I stayed at the hotel back in June, there is a 24 hour market just a half block away,its really nice, has fresh fruits-everything. You should love the location of the hotel and the hotel was pretty nice I thought. My room was a smoking room on Bay st, it was loud during the day, the windows are very thin and lets in all the noise, no biggie at night when traffic died down. .

The only pass I know of, is for the TTC and its good for all the subway, streetcars and buses in the TTC area--father than you plan on going. Its $10 each for adults, child is ? not sure but cheaper. I would recommend getting them, this way if you get off at the wrong stop no worries, just take next train/bus. The subway stations sell them, called the day pass--no point on buying the weekly pass,

Edited: 29 July 2011, 05:38
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto multi day metro pass, and order of activities?

For children 12 and under, you can buy child tickets at any subway station -- 10 rides for $5.50. For adults, 10 tokens cost $25 or the day pass costs $10 (so you break even on the day pass at four one-way rides).

You can walk to the Royal Ontario Museum from your hotel. The CN Tower is best done on a clear day, and you'd probably want nice weather for the islands too, so your itinerary may depend on the weather. Monday vs. Tuesday won't make much difference for the islands except on long weekends (this Monday and Labour Day), when you'd probably want to avoid weekend crowds.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
26,748 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto multi day metro pass, and order of activities?

You could do Centre Island(Toronto Islands) same day as CN Tower,

Tower first and then straight to Island, Casa Loma can be done in a coupleof hours, maybe add some other activies that day, Royal Ontario Museum can take longer than that, do on it's own and then check out Bloor/Yorkville area after the ROM, it's a very close walk.....................

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
152 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto multi day metro pass, and order of activities?

Thanks everyone for the suggestion.

Look like $10 day pass for adult and a child ticket is way to go.

If Mon is a clear day, we'll do CN and T. Island then rest of on next day.

From weather forecast, looks too cold to swim. We are in tx and Aug typical temp is 95 -100 F. Definitely need a long pant and a jacket ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Toronto multi day metro pass, and order of activities?

This week? Monday and Tuesday have a forecast high of 86F, and will probably feel hotter than that due to the humidity. If that's pants & jackets weather for you, knock yourself out -- perhaps literally. :)

Monday August 1 is a holiday here, so I would strongly recommend doing the islands on Tuesday. (The ferry lineups get very long on nice summer weekends.) You can always try dipping a toe, but yeah, I bet you will find Lake Ontario too cold for swimming.

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
152 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toronto multi day metro pass, and order of activities?

No, not this wk. We'll be there 08/07 - 08/10. Maybe the Web weather forecast not right. I saw some day in 70's some day in 60's. But 80's would sounds cool for us in summer. No long pant's\Jackets but seems cold to swim outside. :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Toronto multi day metro pass, and order of activities?

I never really trust the weather forecasts ten days out, but right now they're showing daytime highs of 81 or 82 and nighttime _lows_ of 67 or 68.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toronto multi day metro pass, and order of activities?

Although the view is fun for kids at almost any time, for adults I'd suggest going up the CN tower as late in your visit as you can - that way you'll have more knowledge of what you are looking at...

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Toronto multi day metro pass, and order of activities?

Yeah, you're laughin' about what we call warm...but my Texas friend recently took back all her laughs when she walked into our wall of humidity. Being on the edge of Lake Ontario, the humidity sucks the living daylights outta ya. And then, you go inside to a restaurant or mall, and (thanks again, humidity gods), it feels so cold you could pack meat in there! It's a lot worse than the numbers indicate.

Watch the weather channels close to your departure.

www.theweathernetwork.com/weather/CAON0696 or

wunderground.com/global/stations/71265.html