We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indian Line Campground - Avoid like the plauge

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Indian Line Campground - Avoid like the plauge

Just came back from a visit to the Indian Line campground in Brampton. An absolute fraud being run by the TRCA. We had the misfortune of booking three campsites at this location as we decided to go camping over the long weekend at the last minute.

The campground is so horrible that we cancelled our two day permit within two hours of reaching there. It ruined our long weekend. Don't even think of going there and if you have to go there, first go and check the campground before you check in.

1. Landscape - the place doesn't even look like a park. No large trees or large green patches. And there is a railway line passing through the site.

2. There were so many RVs and tents in so small place, it reminded me of a slum. No privacy whatsoever. One tent is allocated a 10’X10’ piece of land with no separation/hedges between them.

3. No facilities or activities - the swimming pool is a 10' X 15' hole in the ground. Even apartment buildings have better pools. The website of this campground shows a splash of some other campground of TRCA, which is basically a fraud. There is one small pond, where fishing is supposedly done. We did not see anybody around there.

4. Ambiance - this place is surrounded by highways. You can see and hear vehicles passing by and can see tall buildings in the surrounding areas.

I feel that TRCA is running a scam here to generate some cash flow from unaware visitors. They should close this place at the earliest and convert into a day park.

Edited: 31 July 2011, 03:50
38 replies to this topic
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,792 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indian Line Campground - Avoid like the plauge

Welcome to TripAdvisor, Love_Toronto_11;

It’s too bad that you didn’t do any advance research, on TripAdvisor or elsewhere, or you would have known all that beforehand.

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
10,398 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indian Line Campground - Avoid like the plauge

Your story is typical of camping near any major city. Camping is best in far away from urban areas..

Victoria, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Indian Line Campground - Avoid like the plauge

It would be great to see a place listing, then the owner can provide place details and photos, .... ya i been to the place b4 ... it's only a hint at what "wilderness" could possibly represent. ... you need to get further out of the city.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indian Line Campground - Avoid like the plauge

It is called an urban campground and is located right off Hwy 427 so, for future guests, be aware that this means it's in an urban area - it's not your typical camping experience in a rural setting. That's not possible close to any city.

I've been there before and a lot of guests love it. Some people I talked to stay there year after year for the whole season. Guess it depends what you're looking for...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
27,723 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indian Line Campground - Avoid like the plauge

Thanks for the "Heads Up"

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Indian Line Campground - Avoid like the plauge

Urban camping.

Now there's an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,723 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indian Line Campground - Avoid like the plauge

krusty: ....LOL

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indian Line Campground - Avoid like the plauge

I though people just went there because you can walk to Wild water kingdom and if you are coming from out of town to visit the water park you can stay at the camp ground

G T
London
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Indian Line Campground - Avoid like the plauge

Do not even think about staying at this campground on a Weekend. It is right next door to Wild Water Kingdom and they have dance parties almost every Saturday night. They have a permit to blast the worst music you have ever heard until 2am. The only break you get from the music is when a train goes by on the nearby tracks.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
27,723 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Indian Line Campground - Avoid like the plauge

Not a "Happy Camper" experience at this place..................................

Reply to: Indian Line Campground - Avoid like the plauge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted