We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report - August 11

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
181 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report - August 11

I usually goto Vegas on my holidays and like to read the trip reports on tripadvisor before I go

I've noticed that there aren't very many trip reports on this forum and I thought that I might change that.

I'm currenty in Toronto and will do a trip report as the holiday progresses

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
181 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report - August 11

Day 1 - Saturday August 20th

I flew from Dublin, Ireland with Air Transat. The flight was pretty good and have the following comments about the flight;

- No seat back IFE, not really a major problem on a 7 hour flight, but would be annoying if the flight was any longer. They showed 2 films on the overhead screens and these were quite good

- The plane had a tiny delay (20 min) was which very good from Dublin

- The cabin crew were very attentive and friendly

- The food was quite nice (choice of pasta, chicken or beef. I had the beef)

- The plane was almost totally full

The immigration at Toronto was quick and painless. I was out of the airport, less than 40 min after we landed, which was quite good considering how far the gate was from the exit.

I am staying at the Four Points by Sheraton at the airport and am very happy with the hotel.

I called for a shuttle when I arrived at the airport after checking with 2 of the information people at the airport.

I waited around 20 min for the shuttle. I knew that the hotel was close to T3, but I wasn't sure just how close it was. When I got to the hotel, I looked accross the road and the main door to T3 was right there (approx 2 min walk)

I was slightly jet-lagged, so I decided that I would grab something to eat in the airport before going to bed.

I walked over to T3 and went into the Swiss Chalet there. The food was very nice and it was good value for money. I will probably eat in the Swiss Chalet

again before the end of my holiday

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,037 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report - August 11

Swiss Chalet is a local tradition. Great value for $. Glad you're enjoying yourself, and welcome to Toronto.

If you've got nothing to do, there's a South Asian festival on a Harbourfront today; lots of yummy nan breads and curried foods.

The CNE just opened yesterday, aka The Ex. It's the annual "fall fair" with midway, display buildings and hundred of thousands of people and kids. Tons to see and do. Down by the waterfront.

northern Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Quebec City
Level Contributor
5,116 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report - August 11

Hi John and welcome to Toronto.

And you are right, compared to other forums (and considering the amount of traffic on the Toronto forum) we don't get that many trip reports, although there was a lengthy one posted recently. I hope that does change as TR's are such a valuable tool here.

I hope you will enjoy your time in the city. Let us know if you need any help with attractions of anything else while you're here.

All the best.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report - August 11

Hi JohnHDublin,

Welcome to the TORONTO TRAVEL FORUM.

Glad to see you are enjoying Canada's largest city.

Agree not enough TripReports here on this FORUM vs some of the others that I also follow on TA.

Lol... the ONLY thing better than a TripReport... is a LIVE FROM ___ TRIPREPORT.... so I am most certainly looking forward to following your Canadian Adventures.

Thanks for taking the time to share.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

5. Re: Trip report - August 11

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 05:16