We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Baseball and subway

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Baseball and subway

Arriving Toronto 1st July from UK and would like to go to the Jays game advertised on their website on Sunday 2nd.How do i go about getting tickets (2 adults 2 kids).Dont know anything about baseball so any hints or tips would be great.Also been on the TCC site and noticed you can buy weekly passes for the subway,as we are in Toronto for 10 days and will be doing all the sights would this work for us,any idea on prices and restrictions on these passes.Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
3,047 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Baseball and subway

First of all, the baseball thing, if you are not too familiar with the game, you might want to visit MLB's website, but you'd defnintely want to be a little closer to the action. I'd say try to get behind home plate - the pentagon shaped base- (or as close as possible) and at least 10 rows or more from the field, to get a better overall view of what's going on.

The TTC weekly pass is a great idea. One should cost about $30 for adults and is transferrable (you can give it to someone else to use when you're not going out) There are also family day passes on Saturday and Sunday where for about $9, one pass covers 2 adults and 2 kids.

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Baseball and subway

Neil

You may wish to enter 'baseball' in the search box above. One thread that's especially useful is

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g155019-i55-k46919…

_span_class_hterm_Baseball_span_matches-Toronto_Ontario.html

UK
Level Contributor
784 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Baseball and subway

Hi

I am going to Toronto in June and have spent the last two weeks trying to buy tickets over the internet to no avail.

i have emailed them now direct and have bought the tickets by sending my request and details via email. Not the ideal solution but I will trust them. I hope!

it appears the website ticket buying facilitie will not allow people from the uk to buy, it doesn't like our addresses etc! I had to do it by email as our trip is a surprise presnt for my partner so didn't want a canadian number appearing on the phone bill.

I have to say they have been very helpful. Go to a - z on website and you will find the ticket email address there.

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Baseball and subway

I don't believe tickets sales have started yet. Not individual tickets anyway. Still too early. I would either call the team on the phone, or closely read and watch the Toronto Bluejays official Major League Baseball website for details when they will go on sale.

Kitchener, Onatrio...
Level Contributor
32 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Baseball and subway

Single game tickets are now on sale. You can order them online at bluejays.com or by calling 1-888-ok-go-jay (toll free).

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Baseball and subway

Thanks for the info. Tried to buy tickets on the Jays website but as mentioned before it dont seem to like uk addresses.Have emailed them for info,hopefully they will mail back a number for phoning to order from the UK.

Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Baseball and subway

Back again ! Got the tickets today over the phone,very helpful and polite service from the girl on the other end.Looking forward to coming over in July and sampling the game,more used to watching football(soccer)over here in Scotland.