We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking in the Beaches

Ontario,Canada
Level Contributor
388 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Parking in the Beaches

Attending a workshop around the area of 1402 Queen St. E, Toronto this fall...is there public parking around here. I will be arriving around 9am on a Saturday and spending about 8 hours in the area so would appreciate any insight into where to find parking and the cost. Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking in the Beaches

1402 Queen St E isn't really in the main part of The Beach, so parking shouldn't be an issue particulalry early on a Saturday morning. I can't think of any parking lots in the area, but try the side streets that run north off of Queen and you should be able to find street parking. If I'm not mistaken, the only restriction on parking in that area is that its "permit only" for overnight parking. There is a school on Woodfield, but their parking lot may be closed on weekends. I think that you will be at or very close to Red Rocket Coffee so you won't go thirsty or hungry!

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,075 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking in the Beaches

To the best of my knowledge, there is only on-street parking in the neighbourhood. Usually, these metered spots are 3 hour maximums, so even on a Saturday, be prepared to run out to put another paid sticker on your window. You'll also want to check the side streets, although there will probably be less parking on the residential areas than along Queen itself. Would suggest that if the course starts at 9 you get there a good half hour early in order to find a place to put your car. Also contact the workshop people to find if there is something in the 'hood that they can advise.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking in the Beaches

If you got totally stuck, the closest city-run Green P parking lots are along Eastern Avenue just east of Coxwell. A bit of a walk, but you can definitely park all day there (and for only $4 on a Saturday).

4. Re: Parking in the Beaches

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2012, 01:15