We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Niagara Falls in November - Please help

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
156 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Niagara Falls in November - Please help

Hey Guys!

I am visiting Toronto on 27th October for 4 nights and was thinking of seeing the Niagara Falls on our last day.

We are toying with driving there and staying 1 night and driving straight to the airport to return back to the UK or just taking a day trip.

Can anyone give me some advice please. I will be 6 months pregnant but fit and well.

I am unsure what is open at the Niagara falls at this time of year and if its worth seeing. I know the Maid of Mist does not operate but can we still see the falls?

Also is it worth seeing Niagara on the Lake?

Any help would be massively appreciated

Jen :)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Niagara Falls in November - Please help

Hi All

PLEASE NOTE – The Traveller has asked this Question previously in the NIAGARA FALLS TRAVEL FORUM and has already received extensive information there as well = tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic-g154998-i97-k428785…

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

2. Re: Niagara Falls in November - Please help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 24 September 2011, 01:05
Edited: 24 September 2011, 01:05
SW Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
60 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Niagara Falls in November - Please help

How RUDE!

The people that have given you EXTENSIVE answers to your original question are VOLUNTEERS!

If you can’t bother to read the information that they’ve generously provided, then why even bother asking again?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Niagara Falls in November - Please help

TO NANANINE,

Thank you...

Of course all I was trying to point out to the many Local Advisors & DEs here on the TORONTO FORUM that there was no need for duplication... for this Traveller that much info has been already covered in the FORUMS for the Destinations they are travelling to.

Oh well... c'est la vie.

And to think I was busy drafting another reply for this Traveller on the ins and outs of getting from Toronto to the Niagara Region for this topic... and about to hit SUBMIT when I read this.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Edited: 21 September 2011, 14:20
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
210 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Niagara Falls in November - Please help

Yes, you can still see the Falls from walkways and parks along the waters edge.

If you decide just to go for a day trip - pick your day based on the weather since much to be enjoyed is out of doors.

Staying overnight lets you make multiple visits to the Falls to see them in different lights - including multi-coloured lighting in the evening.

Niagara on the Lake is a lovely quaint town very close to Niagara Falls. Shaw Festival is running until end of Oct if you are interested in a play. Also wineries along the route.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Niagara Falls in November - Please help

It's easy to rent a car in downtown Toronto and drop it off at the Toronto airport after visiting Niagara Falls, though you'll want to make sure you get one that doesn't charge too much more for a one-way rental.

Rental agencies near Union Station in downtown Toronto:

Avis: location B01, 161 Bay St. (in Brookfield Place)

Budget: location Y40, 161 Bay St.

Enterprise: 200 Front St. West (in Simcoe Place)

Hertz: 65 Front St. West (Union Station, Via Rail arrivals area)

National: location YTOC02, Metro Hall

Thrifty: location YT4, 65 Front St. West (same as Hertz)

On the rental company's web site, just check the box for returning to a different location, use the location listed above for pick-up and YYZ for the drop-off location. Make sure to go to the last step of the booking process and check for any drop fees hidden in the fine print.

Punta Arenas, Costa...
Level Contributor
787 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Niagara Falls in November - Please help

OP, lots to see and do in Niagara Falls that time of year, it's a shame that the leaves will have changed colours and dropped by then, but a trip to the falls edge is one of those life time trips. At night the multi coloured lights are focused on the falls, makes some great pics, and there are often bands playing in the area to make a nice evening out if the temperature hasn't dropped too much. I find Niagara on the Lake to be a great place to shop for upper scale clothes and accessories, but again you can make your way to the river and just watch the water and the occasional boat go by. No wonder the Niagara area was honeymoon haven.

Have a great holiday.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Niagara Falls in November - Please help

Go see the falls. You won't regret it. When we were there 5 years ago or so, we loved the butterfly gardens (not sure of the exact name of attraction) and the walk behind the falls. Although, that too may be closed end of Oct. We also spent a day in Niagara on the Lakes. At the time we stayed at a BnB.

Don't know when your flight leaves or if you can get to the US on a UK passport without a visa, but if you were looking for a room, travelzoo has a great deal out on the Sheraton on the Falls, USA side for $91/night.

travelzoo.com/ca/…

You may have to sign up for their Top20 newsletter to see the deal, but I think its a great price. I encourage you to do your own research on the hotel within TA. Congratulations on your pregnancy. I hope you enjoy our beautiful country!

Niagara Falls, ON
Destination Expert
for Niagara Falls
Level Contributor
8,725 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Niagara Falls in November - Please help

<< butterfly gardens (not sure of the exact name of attraction) and the walk behind the falls >>

Butterfly Conservatory and Journey Behind the Falls, both open all year long.

<< if you can get to the US on a UK passport without a visa >>

UK passport holder would have to obtain an I94W Visa Waiver at the border - form, fingerprints, photos, $6.

<< Sheraton on the Falls, USA side >>

Sheraton AT the Falls on U.S. side. However, you can also get a Fallsview room on the Canadian side in the same price range - Oakes Hotel, Tower Hotel, Crowne Plaza

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Niagara Falls in November - Please help

Thanks for the update fallsguy! There is another deal for the Marriott, for $ 129 that includes breakfast for two, $40 meal credit and two wine tours, one in Niagara and one in Niagara on the Lake? This option will allow you to see wineries in both cities as well as see the falls. It's good until Oct28, but a quick check shows that it is valid for your last night at a slightly higher rate of $139. This hotel is on Canada side so you can avoid the border visa waiver.

travelzoo.com/ca/…

Here are reviews on TA. Currently ranked #4:

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g154998-d182928…

Again, I hope you take the time to see the falls...Better yet, roll down your windows when you get to Niagara. You'll hear the falls before you see them! The sound is unlike anything else! Good luck!