We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

from toronto to montreal

hk
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
from toronto to montreal

hello everyone ,

here is my plan ;

toronto (7.11-12.11) > niagara falls (13.11-14.11) > ottawa (15.11-18.11) > montreal (19.11-21.11) > home

good ??

Toronto
Level Contributor
585 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: from toronto to montreal

Looks like a very good logical itinerary...do you arrive on the 7th? Are you using buses/trains to get around?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: from toronto to montreal

Looks good. If you're a foodie or are not using a car, you might want to consider spending more time in Montreal (take a day from Ottawa) as there are more restaurant choices and better public transport. Good luck! :-)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: from toronto to montreal

Hi Windwind,

Welcome to the TORONTO TRAVEL FORUM

With 15 Days, I myself might divide it up a bit differently… especially if you have a car to get around (BTW… you really don’t need a car… you could do ALL of these cities by a Bus or Train… or a combo of both)

* Toronto = 4 Days

* Niagara Falls & Niagara-on-the-Lake = 2 Days

* Ottawa & Canada's Capital City Region = 3 Days

* Montreal = 1 Day (visit Old Montreal… BEFORE heading off to Old Quebec)

* Quebec City = 3 Days

* Montreal = 2 Days

This means you can also get to see Quebec City… the Birthplace of North America… and the ongoing cradle of French Culture. Well worth a visit.

Cheers

Wine-4-2

Edited: 21 October 2011, 19:39
Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,014 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: from toronto to montreal

Yup, looks good.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,008 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: from toronto to montreal

Actually I would go the way of my esteemed colleague Wine-4-2 but may be do the same with Niagara Falls as she sugest for Quebec City. I.e. take two days one night out of Toronto to go to NF and Peninsula. Then back to Toronto. Less riding time to go to Ottawa then.

If you intend to do this trip during our winter time we (the regular collaborators) usually don't recommend that you drive in our climate unless you have significant winter driving experience. In that case you could actually take a Niagara day tour from Toronto as it will be difficult without a car to go and visit some wineries and Niagara-on-the-Lake and the Seaway locks while all of those can be included in a day tour. Also in winter the Maid of the Mist is, of course, not running so the tour companies switch to the Journey Beyhond the Falls so you get plenty of free time to explore what can be explored around in winter.

But as somebody else said you can access all of those destinations by either train or bus and all are really walkable and have good public transit system if you have to venture off farther away than the downtowns.

If driving or planning on using the great bus link between Mtl and Qc you could shave a night there. Just take an early bus one day and come back on a very late one on the next day. There is an hourly service between both cities from very early in the day to late evening. By the way same schedule from Ottawa to Mtl but train is much better between Toronto and/or Montreal.

Finally if driving in winter (with enough experience) I would recommend that you drive from Ottawa to Montreal on the Québec side of the Ottawa River to be able to make two stops near the village of Montebello to visit and may be have a meal at the Canadian iconic Fairmont Chateau Montebello and also visit Parc Omega to see wome nordic animals (cariboos, bisons, etc) run around your car. You could even do a detour by small roads and spend some time in Mont-Tremblant.

If moving by public transportation you could also shave one night in Ottawa and spend it at the Fairmont Montebello as that would be great but there are only 2 buses per day between Gatineau (Ottawa's twin city) and Montreal. And you could arrange something with the hotel concierge for the Parc Omega.

6. Re: from toronto to montreal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 08:23