We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to Delta Chelsea from Union Station?

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
toronto
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
How to get to Delta Chelsea from Union Station?

We will be arriving on the train..if it's pouring rain, what subway should we take? If it's not, what is most direct route walking? Thanks.

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get to Delta Chelsea from Union Station?

Take the Yonge Street line, north from Union Station (that's the only direction you can go from Union Station). Get off at the College Street stop, the Chelsea is one block south on Gerrard, just west of Yonge Street.

If you are walking you can take the path (underground route. You can just ask someone where to find the entrance to the PATH - you can follow the PATH underground all the way to the Atrium on Bay, then you would have about two blocks left to walk north on Yonge to get to the Chelsea. It would be about a 20 minute walk.

Outdoors, when you come out the doors of Union Station, turn right to the first street which is Bay. Turn left on Bay and walk straight up Bay Street to Gerrard and turn right to the Chelsea.

Edited: 22 October 2011, 21:31
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How to get to Delta Chelsea from Union Station?

Take the Yonge Subway line up to College stn, walk south to Gerrard, hotel on West side of street (so LEFT if you follow these directions).

Alternately, if you have a lot of luggage and there are a few of you, a cab would be easier and costs about $10.50. See link below:

http://toronto.taxime.ca/#from=Union+station%2C+Toronto%2C+ON%2C+Canada&to=Delta+Chelsea+Hotel+Toronto%2C+Toronto%2C+ON%2C+Canada

Good luck! :-)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How to get to Delta Chelsea from Union Station?

Sorry bj, I didn't refresh before I posted, otherwise, I would have left off the TTC directions.

The other other thing I would add, if you are taking the TTC at Union station, you descend down to the train platform and both sides head NORTHBOUND. You want to take the one at says next station is King St. and terminus is Finch.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How to get to Delta Chelsea from Union Station?

I'm not sure exactly when you arrive, but if it's not too late I'll add two comments to the helpful advice you've received above:

- The PATH can be a bit of a pain with luggage, as there are a lot of stairs as you go between buildings. (There are barrier-free alternatives, but these can involve detours or wheelchair lifts.) There is also a significant chance of getting lost.

- The subway is easy enough once you get onto the correct train at Union. As stated above, you want a northbound Yonge line train (next stop King, heading towards Finch). There should be signs with that info as you come down the stairs, but don't hesitate to ask a local -- we're used to it. And excuse the mess, as they're working on building a second platform to relieve crowding.

Edited: 24 October 2011, 02:58
Toronto, Ontario
Level Contributor
577 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How to get to Delta Chelsea from Union Station?

Its just far enough from Union to the Delta that if you have luggage its worth taking the subway. Its not a bad walk, but carrying a bag or box it gets tiring!

Also, if you didn't already know it is cheaper to get tokens, or a pass if you plan to use the TTC often.

toronto
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How to get to Delta Chelsea from Union Station?

Took the Path and although it was confusing, we just kept asking people to direct us to the Eaton Centre. We just had one little suitcase each on wheels, so no problem with that. Thanks everyone.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: How to get to Delta Chelsea from Union Station?

Glad it worked out. We'd love to hear how the rest of the trip went, if you get a chance.

toronto
Level Contributor
1,117 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How to get to Delta Chelsea from Union Station?

I will post it under a separate "trip report"...

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,298 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How to get to Delta Chelsea from Union Station?

Canchick, I'm glad you found your way.

10. Re: How to get to Delta Chelsea from Union Station?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 21:17