We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

disabled person's people mover...where to get it

Niagara-on-the-Lake...
Level Contributor
53 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
disabled person's people mover...where to get it

My husband is still recuperating from a broken back. He would not be able to walk the necessary distance to his gate. How and where do we get him on the "thing that goes beeeeep, beeeeep" at the airport. A people mover.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: disabled person's people mover...where to get it

Contact your airline and let them know his requirements.

ktown

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,356 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: disabled person's people mover...where to get it

First thing we need to know is which terminal are we talking about and which airline. My wife has to use a wheelchair because of limited mobility. We have flown Air Transat out of T3 and Air Canada out of T1. In all cases, when I book the ticket I indicate we need a wheelchair.We always get full wheelchair service from check in to the airplane door.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: disabled person's people mover...where to get it

The FAQ on the Pearson airport web site notes:

"The GTAA offers wheelchairs and electric carts for guests requiring assistance. In order to ensure prompt service, please pre-book with both your airline and our Airport Customer Assistance Program (ACAP).

Please call the airport customer service number 1-866-207-1690 for more information."

I'd suggest booking with the airline first, then filling out the airport's online form -- http://www.torontopearson.com/en/contactus/ , under "Mobility Assistance" -- and mentioning the arrangements you've made with the airline.

4. Re: disabled person's people mover...where to get it

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 17:17