We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help - urgent!

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Need help - urgent!

Hi!

I have training to attend in TO at the Westin Harbour Castle but I cannot afford the 4 nights stay there as the cost of the training itself is breaking the bank. I'm hoping you can help me!

I'm looking for an affordable, quiet, clean, nice place to stay that is a short distance or easy access to the Westin. Could be a hotel or B&B. I will be driving so somewhere with free parking would be great (although I know it's hard to find).

I tried the CozySuites but they are all booked for this weekend. :(

Any help in greatly appreciated!

London, Canada
Destination Expert
for Cartagena
Level Contributor
4,309 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help - urgent!

nadma, have you checked on Priceline? I don't know what your budget is, but right now they're showing a rate of $119 for the Sheraton Centre this weekend and $109 for the Holiday Inn on King. Both are very good rates. If those are too high, you might find something else to your liking.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,005 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help - urgent!

Nadma, since I don't know what "affordable" means to you, wondering if you've tried the Priceline or Hotwire bidding systems? We understand here on this forum that rooms at 4 stars in downtown can be had for as little as $70/night.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help - urgent!

Hi;

At the other end of the spectrum you may want to check out this relatively new hostel:

http://theplanettraveler.com/

Can't speak to parking. You can easily access the Westin Harbour Castle via the Harbourfront streetcar, and coming from Planet Traveler it's a quick walk or streetcar hop to Spadina, then the #510 streetcar southbound marked destination Union Station.

Have you tried other B&B's downtown?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help - urgent!

Good ideas so far. Keep in mind the Westin is quite close to Union Station for subway and GO train service.

In fact, another option would be to find cheaper accommodation in the suburbs and take the GO train in each day. (Most suburban hotels are not within walking distance of GO stations, so you would have to drive to the station -- all of which have park & ride lots.)

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1,836 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help - urgent!

I don't know of many other B&B, can you recommend some?

Priceline, i have used before. I have never gotten $70 though.. more like $95 + taxes + $35 parking adds up. I guess I'm looking at something around $110 all in. Is that possible?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help - urgent!

Hi,

we can't attest to the experience at any of these, but based on location & posted prices they may be suitable- check them out here further by clicking on the green Toronto Hotels button up in the left hand corner of the page, then selecting B&B's/Inns under Property Type:

Cabbageville

213 Carlton

Downtown Home Inn

Baldwin Village Inn

Les Amis

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
6 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help - urgent!

Hi,

not sure how old you are, but it doesnt really matter, its all about the way you like to travel. Have you looked at hostels? They run for about $30 a night here in toronto. The best ones in town are Planet traveler (bit far from Westin harbour castle though), Hostelling international isnt too far away on church street, or the canadiana. its all about the experience. this way you'll get to meet cool new people and save money too.

hk
Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help - urgent!

how about this http://www.couchsurfing.org

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help - urgent!

We believe the OP's queries were about finding accommodation for LAST weekend, although it would be interesting to find out how she fared.

10. Re: Need help - urgent!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 November 2012, 05:16