We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommend a good Chinese Restaurant

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
UK
Level Contributor
137 posts
Save Topic
Recommend a good Chinese Restaurant

Recommendations please for a good chinese restaurant in Toronto?

We're staying at Marriott Toronto Bloor Yorkville. Although looking to eat at the best recommended place an idea of distance would also help.

Thanks in advance

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommend a good Chinese Restaurant

For cheap and cheerful, I like Swatow at 309 Spadina torontolife.com/guide/…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommend a good Chinese Restaurant

Lai Wah Heen is considered to be one of best Chinese restaurants in Toronto. It is located in the Metropolitan Hotel at Avenue Rd and Dundas. It is just south of Yorkville and would be a 10 min cab ride if that.

http://www.laiwahheen.com/

Edited: 04 November 2011, 20:50
Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommend a good Chinese Restaurant

King Noodle or People's, both within walking distance of the earlier mentioned Swatow, all of which are around Dundas and Spadina, our Chinatown area.

Toronto
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
22,696 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommend a good Chinese Restaurant

These 2 are the closest, authentic Cantonese cuisine, 10 minutes walk from your hotel: 1. Crown Princess(Bay+St.Joseph) 2. Dynasty (Yorkville)

Lai Wah Heen is indeed reputed to be the best - with prices to match.

Toronto
Level Contributor
501 posts
263 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommend a good Chinese Restaurant

I have to agree with flyinmom

As a Chinese Canadian I think the food at King's Noodle is excellent for Chinatown standards. Very authentic.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
554 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommend a good Chinese Restaurant

+1 Lai Wah Heen

+1 Dynasty

Both restaurants are ones I have tried relatively recently with my Chinese friends, based on their recommendations.

I have also eaten at countless restaurants in the Dundas and Spadina area. Some on recommendations, others on a whim. Most have been pretty good. But the face of downtown Chinatown has changed since i was a kid and some of my favourites have since moved to Chinatown north. Good luck! :-)

Oakville, Canada
Level Contributor
1,254 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommend a good Chinese Restaurant

Also Lee Garden http://www.leegardenrestaurant.ca/ - does not look that big but the food is excellent (and is also my Chinese friends' favourite).

Booking is strongly recommended since it is very popular - even if you book you may have to wait a little while at peak times.

8. Re: Recommend a good Chinese Restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 05:17