We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

theatre

ohio
3 posts
Save Topic
theatre

coming to toronto in late august. can you recommend any good theatre productions during that time? thanks

Level Contributor
2,033 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: theatre

If you're a Monty Python fan, there's Spamalot at Canon Theatre. www.mirvish.com/ComingSoon

Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: theatre

Hi fall-traveler,

You can check out the following web site by the city of toronto. It has a list of theaters (among other things!) you can check out.

In August you can always go to High Park to see the latest Shakespeare play being put on by CanStage. You can check their website canstage.com. It's usually a good experience, as long as you don't mind sitting on the ground! And you don't have to book in advance.

There's the Hummingbird Centre, which is showing a musical called Bombay Dreams in August for a few days

www.hummingbirdcentre.com/show_bombay.html

If you are willing to drive out of town, there is always the Shaw Festival or Stratford. A lot of people will usually make a 1-2 day event out of these, and go to see several plays.

http://www.shawfest.com/2006/web/

http://www.stratford-festival.on.ca/

Hope this helps ...

Swartz Creek
Level Contributor
1,395 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: theatre

in addition to the above:

www.ticketking.com (same as Mirvish)

www.toronto.com

a place to start!!

Love Toronto Theatre!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
977 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: theatre

Don't forget the world premier musical Lord of The Ring is playing at Princess of Wales. Friend saw it, she said it was exactly the same as the triolgy. How did they do it on stage, I have no idea. The premier was 4+ hours long with 2 intermissions. But I heard that they have trimmed it to 3.5 hours now. I can't wait to see it myself :)