We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best time to go

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Topic
Best time to go

Hy everyone!

I am planning a trip to Toronto.

Since i cannot travel during Summer for professional duties, when is the beste time to go to Toronto? October, Nov? Around Christmas? Easter (2007)?...

Also, i would like to know if Toronto is close enough to make a one-day tour to Niagara Falls!

Many thanks in advance to all the replies!

Toronto Bicycle Tours
Bike Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Zoom Tours
Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Boat Tours, Day Trips
Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
189 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best time to go

If you can go in early October you will have the best chance of getting some pleasant weather for being outdoors. Also an opportunity to enjoy the autumn colours in Ontario. Yes Niagara Falls is about a 2-hour car, bus or train ride from Toronto. You could go on your own or take a bus tour out of Toronto. Have a great trip.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
982 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best time to go

October has very picturesque scenery with the changing leaves but is a bit too cool for my liking. I'd prefer Sept., April, May or June.

Ontario
Level Contributor
70 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best time to go

Tuga - It's funny that you say your from Lisbon. Any Lisbon native I know doesn't call it that. Strange.

Lisbon, Portugal
Level Contributor
199 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best time to go

Hy cheelee55!!!!

I did not understood... What do you mean by any native doesn t call it that? You mean my nick "Tuga"?!

"Tuga" is funny a nickname we use to joke to each others and was also used in our Euro 2004 or World Cup 2002 mascote,i don t remember!!!

Even so, i am portuguese, living in Lisbon, no doubt about that!!!

Niagara Region ON
Level Contributor
20 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best time to go

Well Tuga, you should travel in mid to late september. After labor day. climate great....kids back to school. Yes, come to Niagara. Spend a night, you'll kick yourself if you just try a day trip.

Brenda