We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto Molson Amphitheater advice on seating...

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
128 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto Molson Amphitheater advice on seating...

I am planning on purchasing tickets to a show, and was wondering how bad or good section 300 and 400 are....I don't want to end up paying a fortune for tickets only to find that I have to look at a big screen because the stage is too far..is there anyone who has been there often enough able to guide me before I purchase tickets tomorrow morning?

Thanks!

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto Molson Amphitheater advice on seating...

Hi, I have only been there once and I sat in the 300's. As I recall I found them to be too far. You won't be able to make out any facial features. It was probably similar to sitting at the far end of the Bell Centre for a concert.

Quite honestly, I do not like the Amphitheater....especially when you consider that the Ontario Place Forum (which arguably may have been the best music venue in town) was torn down to make room for this needless amphitheater.

The GTA already had an amphitheater (anyone remember Kingswood Music theater at Canada's Wonderland), which personally, I found to be far more intimate and pleasing.

Ancaster, Canada
Level Contributor
401 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto Molson Amphitheater advice on seating...

I agree with krustytripper that those sections are pretty far back. I will only go watch a concert there if i can get tickets in the 100 or first half of the 200 section but of course it always comes down to how much you are willing to pay.

Cambridge, Canada
Level Contributor
189 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto Molson Amphitheater advice on seating...

400 seats are pretty far back. Its a big venue so being far back is expected so keep that in mind.

Toronto
Level Contributor
132 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto Molson Amphitheater advice on seating...

I would never buy tickets in the 400 section or lawns. The section is uncovered so if it rains on the night of the performance, you could be very uncomfortable. I prefer seats in the 100-200 range. Still, if it's a band you really like, just being there can be a great experience!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto Molson Amphitheater advice on seating...

I've been several times with seats only once toward the back.

The weather is a huge factor....and the noise. The farther back you are, the more of a party atmosphere, especially with general seating on the lawn. If that's what you like, fine....but if you really want to see (and hear) the artist/band, then opt for closer seats.

6. Re: Toronto Molson Amphitheater advice on seating...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:42