We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking For Hotels Near Attractions

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Niagara Falls, New...
Level Contributor
165 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Looking For Hotels Near Attractions

Hello, Toronto, from Niagara Falls, New York! :) I would appreciate it very much if anyone could tell me whether there are any hotels - full-sized hotels, not motels with outside doors (not safe for a woman travelling alone!) or B&Bs - within walking distance to any of these attractions:

The Exhibition Fairgrounds

The CN Tower

The Casa Loma

The Eaton Centre

The Promenade Shopping Centre

The Yorkdale Mall

The Fairview Mall

The Art Gallery of Ontario

The ferryboat to Toronto Island (is it still called Toronto Island?)

The Toronto Zoo

High Park

Mount Hope Catholic Cemetery

Any professional cat-breeding facility

I'd also like to know if there are any hotels within a reasonable (say, 15-20 minutes') walk of the 1400 block of Davenport Road. Thanks very much for any information!!! Have a wonderful day!!! :)

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,756 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking For Hotels Near Attractions

Hi Ileo;

The places that you've listed are all over the city. No one single hotel will be close to all of them.

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking For Hotels Near Attractions

A majority of the places you've listed are in or around the downtown core, so I suppose that would be the obvious place to stay. Somewhere around the Eaton Centre (e.g. the Sheraton Centre, Marriott Eaton Centre, Cambridge Suites, Courtyard by Marriott Downtown, Holiday Inn Toronto Downtown Centre) would put you within walking distance of several and others would be a quick subway or streetcar hop away.

Coming from Niagara Falls NY, I suppose you'll have a car; that changes things a bit. You could stay out by Yorkdale -- the Holiday Inn Yorkdale would give you the option of getting downtown by subway (avoiding the cost and hassle of parking) or getting on highway 401 to get to some of the further-flung places you've listed.

As for the location on Davenport (probably best described as the intersection of Davenport Rd and Dufferin St), no hotels close by. The French Connection B&B is a 30-minute walk east, and the Gladstone and Drake hotels would be a 20-minute bus ride south. It's also reachable by bus from the Spadina or Dufferin subway stations.

A couple more thoughts: the more serious shoppers can correct me but I doubt it's worth the drive to the Promenade Shopping Centre. The Eaton Centre and Yorkdale are the two biggest malls; Square One and Sherway Gardens are probably the next tier. And while the zoo is reachable by transit, it's a long way out, so having a car will be very useful for that.

Edited: 28 March 2012, 14:26
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
16,747 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking For Hotels Near Attractions

No reason to go to either Fairview or Promenade malls if you're going to Yorkdale and/or Eaton centre. They all have same stores, with the added bonus that Yorkdale has a number of shops not in the other malls. If you are keen on shopping in stores not to be found in shopping malls, you're best to head along Bloor Street and into Yorkville area, or along Queen Street West.

Mount Hope Cemetary is located in a residential area, near to Eglinton & Mt. Pleasant Avenue intersection. You can get there by public transit, but easier with a car.

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking For Hotels Near Attractions

Hi, Ileo: Google Maps has a fantastic feature "search nearby". If you input any of those addresses or mall names into Google Maps and then click the "search nearby" button, you'll get a search bar. Type Hotels, and hit enter. You'll quickly discover what is considered close by, and you'll probably start seeing the same ones show up in the different query. As Matt indicated, if you choose pretty much any major hotel chain in downtown Toronto, you'll be within 15 minutes of pretty much everything on your list. Use Bloor street on the north, Front street on the south, Bathurst on the west and Jarvis on the east, and voila, you will have our central downtown area set out. Virtually all of the continents major hotels are represented, in a variety of price points (for instance, Marriott, Marriott Courtyard or Holiday Inn + Holiday Inn Express + Intercontinental) in that area, so you have tons to choose from, if you are loyal to a specific brand.

Niagara Falls, New...
Level Contributor
165 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking For Hotels Near Attractions

Thanks RescueTeam, mattInTO, phpr, and flyinmom!!! You've given me some good advice and some good ideas!! I hope to be there in Toronto the Good within the next couple of weeks!! See you then, and have a great night!!:)

6. Re: Looking For Hotels Near Attractions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2013, 10:28