We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Handicap Van rental in Toronto

New Mexico
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Handicap Van rental in Toronto

I am going to need to rent a handicap van and a go-go scooter. My mother has a go-go scooter that she hauls around on the back of her car on platform/trailer. We are coming from Albuquerque and I don't want to drive that far.So was thinking I could rent a van (doubtful any cars would have this platform/trailer she has) large enough to roll a scooter into. Any ideas?? Thanks, Susie and Mozelle

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Handicap Van rental in Toronto

Hi;

We have no experience in this area, but would suggest you give each of these businesses a call to discuss what they can offer:

vitalmobility.ca/Scooter-Rentals-Toronto-GTA…

hmemobility.com/products/…

http://wheelchairinmotion.com/why-rent/

We found all of these simply by Googling, so no endorsements. However, if you have any questions after contacting them for details, by all means come back here to the forum to ask.

Good luck with your planning!

New Mexico
Level Contributor
22 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Handicap Van rental in Toronto

thanks so much, this is great information!

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Handicap Van rental in Toronto

Hi, Susie;

Hopefully the info is useful & we hope you & your Mom have a fantastic vacation! We saw on the Niagara Falls forum that Mom is 98 yrs young- awesome! We hope we're still globe trotting (or wheeling!) at that age!

It would be really great if you could drop by here afterwards to let us know how it all worked out. Your input about how easy or hard or is to acquire the necessary equipment could be very helpful to other travelers with similar needs & it would help us locals steer them in the right direction.

And of course if you need any other input on your time in Toronto please pop by here again!

4. Re: Handicap Van rental in Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 00:17