We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Transat 'personal item'

Level Contributor
88 posts
Save Topic
Air Transat 'personal item'

I'm flying to London and returning from Paris. It's been awhile since I flew, wondering about what size 'purse' is allowed on Air Transat. Also, any feedback on Air Transat flights. I'm a bit worried about getting enough to drink - soft drinks/water. Some reviews were saying that it was hard to get service in economy. As we can't carry our own drinks due to security issues, and knowing the high cost of anything at the airport, this is an issue.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
77,341 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Transat 'personal item'

Hi Fredalss;

I would suggest posting your question on the “Air Travel” forum as well.

Best Regards

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
20,261 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Transat 'personal item'

Fredalss, I always take a water bottle with me... I drink it dry before I go through security, then re-fill it at a water fountain on the other side, before boarding. That way, I always have my own if it's not available on board when I want a drink.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
62,863 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Transat 'personal item'

Empty bottle for me through security as well. I've never had a problem finding a fountain on the other side, except for Deer Lake, NL. Nooooothing available to fill a water bottle there.

Here's the webpage for baggage on Airtransat. (It's under "Travel Info" on their home page.) You would be smart to click on the links within the text to find out all the info about luggage, especially what you can carry on.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
28,825 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Transat 'personal item'

I flew Air Transat a couple of months ago and had no trouble getting service at all.......................the water bottle suggestion is a good one,....."purse size" I had a medium size shoulder bag....no problems bringing on board.......be on safe side and check their website as previously suggested..............lots of pertinent info there...................

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Transat 'personal item'

Once you go through security there are shops and food places including Tim's throughout the gate area of the terminal. You can buy snacks, water/soft drinks or whatever to take on board with you. I always buy a bottle of iced tea. The water bottle refill is fine but I am a bit leery of public water fountains right before I go on holiday. Call me a germaphobe, but just saying......

Air Transat is more concerned now with the weight of your checked bag and weight and size of your carry on than it is with a purse or standard laptop carrier/messenger bag as your extra item. As already mentioned, check the AT website for exact information.

We've used Air Transat several times in the past 5 years for European destinations including Paris, and never had a problem with service or flights. You'll be fine!

6. Re: Air Transat 'personal item'

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 12:40