We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Toronto in July

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
241 posts
96 reviews
Save Topic
Toronto in July

My husband and I will be flying into Toronto on the 17/7 and staying until the 21/7 - what would you recommend doing. We have planned a trip to Nigara Falls for 2 nights but nothing else yet. Your input would be apprecicated

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,228 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Toronto in July

Well, if we understand correctly you'll have only 1 or 2 nights in Toronto. Too bad, because we could recommend a ton more than your time allows. What are your interests when visiting other cities?

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
241 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Toronto in July

Hi , We are acutally in Toronto from the 17/7 to the 24/7 - we at Niagara falls 17/7-19/7 and comming back to Toronto - any ideas of Must see things in Toronto?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
75,731 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Toronto in July

Hi Tunn-1;

Toronto is Canada’s largest city, 4th largest in Canada & the US after New York, Los Angeles & Chicago. You could spend an entire week in Toronto and still have plenty to see and do !

The #1 must see / must do is the CN Tower - Over 550 metres / 1800 feet tall, and it has a glass floor !

Also at the CN Tower - Edge Walk, Toronto’s tallest attraction now offers adventure lovers the ability to walk OUTSIDE – around the circumference of the roof, 365 metres / 1168 feet above the ground !

http://www.cntower.ca

http://www.edgewalkcntower.ca/

…msn.com/id/26184891/vp/43969658#43969658

Without knowing your family’s interests, it would be very difficult to make suggestions / recommendations.

The more information you provide the more detailed replies you will receive.

Best Regards

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
241 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Toronto in July

Hi, My Husband and I are in our early 50's and will love the CN tower. We have had a look at websites and cant find alot of information. We are meeting with friends and going to Niagara falls 17/7-19/7 as I hear they are lovely at night as well as by day and the town there is lovely.

We would enjoy visiting a castle, doing a harbour cruise, shopping, and things like that. What would you suggest?

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Toronto in July

Awesome! I'm only an hour away from Toronto and we love getting into the city to play tourists! I saw that the CN tower was mentioned and it reminded me that Toronto has a City Pass for around $60 and with it you will get admission (and no line-up! advantage) to the CN tower and access to the glass floor level and a 3D film or motion theatre ride. You also get admission to the Royal Ontario Museum, Casa Loma which is a castle in Toronto built by a man for his wife - nice history and things to learn and do while there, also admission to the Toronto Zoo and the Ontario Science Centre.

The pass is good for 9 days from the time that you use your first pass and it can be printed online so you don't have to go anywhere to pick it up! I've been to all the attractions without using the CityPass and I'd say that it's a good deal to get admission to all of Toronto's top attractions.

http://www.citypass.com/toronto

I was also recently in the Distillery District and they offer segway tours of the area. I had a fabulous time and the Distillery District has some nice restaurants to hang out in.

www.segwayofontario.com/distillerytours.htm

If you have time and you can get in, there are also lunch and dinner boat cruises which was fantastic (except for when I got a little bit seasick). If you have access to TeamBuy, they have the dinner boat cruise deal on for $35 I believe and it includes dinner and live band entertainment while you cruise around the harbour! If the deal is over, you might be able to find it elsewhere, otherwise, I believe you can do the same tour for $70 pp.

Another idea might be to catch a Blue Jays game at the SkyDome - excuse me, I mean the Air Canada Centre.

Hope you get some ideas for this! Have a wonderful time when you're here! Let me know if I can help with anything else :)

Waterloo, Canada
Level Contributor
120 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Toronto in July

P.S. I also noticed that you were going to Niagara. If you are wine folks (I'm not and I still LOVE it), I've been three times now on a trolley wine tour. The authentic street trolley will pick you up at the Pillar and Post hotel and take you on 2 - 4 tours of the wineries with one in-depth tour at one of them. I don't drink wine really, but I love learning how it's made and going on the tours and doing the little samples. The tour is about 2.5 - 3 hours and it's fun because nobody has to do any of the driving!

On a recent trip with two other couples, we booked massage treatments at the Pillar and Post Spa and with any treatment booked you have access to ALL the facilities including an outdoor pool, an indoor saltwater pool and an outdoor hotsprings as well as sauna and lounge. We usually make a whole day of it with the winery tour in the morning and a whole afternoon at the spa ending with dinner at the restaurant in the hotel.

I'm not at ALL affiliated with the hotel or the tour company, but I have such an AWESOME time when I go down for these kinds of weekends and if any of this sounds at all like something you might enjoy, I know you would have a fantastic time! I have a full, detailed review of the Pillar and Post spa, services and facilities and I do mention the wine tours etc.

Have a wonderful visit!

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
241 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Toronto in July

Wow thanks a bunch this is fantastic help - it all sounds great fun. We are so looking foward to visiting your beautiful city soon and seeing all we can while there. Whats the weather like in July - hot, med or chilly?

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,228 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Toronto in July

July daytime temps while you're here would normally be 25- 30 degrees, often humid. Some days could push warmer, or occasionally cooler.

Toronto has many great neighbourhoods to explore. Have a look at this traveler article:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g155019-s204/Toronto:…

We'd recommend that you visit Chinatown & Kensington Market at a minimum. You'd probably also enjoy stopping in at the Distillery District.

Something else that's very enjoyable is to take the ferry across the Harbour to the Toronto Islands. There's a picturesque little cottage community there called Ward's Island. It's very pleasant to stroll around, or you can even rent bikes to explore (the main island is about 5 km from end to end)

Tauranga, New...
Level Contributor
241 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Toronto in July

Fantastic thanks so very much.

Albany NY
Level Contributor
8 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Toronto in July

As mentioned above, I recommend getting the CityPass. Not only do you save money, but you also cut admission lines at the ROM, Science Center, Zoo and Casa Loma (the line-cutting privilege isn't avalible at the CN Tower). Be sure to be prepared for a lot of walking at the zoo, and heavy summer-camp crowds at the ROM and Casa Loma.

All 5 attractions are excellent, especially the Science Center and Zoo, and Casa Loma is probably one of the most unique attractions you will ever find in a big city. I did, however, find the CN Tower line to be too long for an observation tower.

You cannot miss the Polar Bears at the zoo, the planetarium at the Science Center, and the flower gardens at Casa Loma. I also had the experience of holding a REAL dinosaur toe at the ROM (volunteers hand them to random people)

With CityPass, you can't go wrong.