We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting flight in Toronto

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
391 reviews
Save Topic
Connecting flight in Toronto

We are flying from Philly to Calgary this summer with a stop in Toronto. How long will it take to get through customs at YYZ. We won't be arriving until 9:35 pm so I figure the line shouldn't be too bad. We only have an hour and 20 minutes between flights.

Sault Ste. Marie...
Level Contributor
573 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Connecting flight in Toronto

You should be fine. What airlines are you taking?

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Connecting flight in Toronto

Air Canada

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Connecting flight in Toronto

That's tight -- an hour and 20 minutes is the minimum legal connection time for US -> Canada connections through Toronto. However, you're right that lines shouldn't be too bad at that hour.

Keep in mind you'll have to claim your bags as you clear customs, and after dropping them off again you'll have to re-clear security.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Connecting flight in Toronto

Thanks for the replies. We originally had an extra hour on the connection, but they changed the flight times. Maybe I will call and see if they can change it to give us more time. It's the last flight of the day to Calgary so we need to be on that plane.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,498 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Connecting flight in Toronto

I decided to call Air Canada and express my concerns of the short connection time. The AC rep said we need at least an hour and 30 minutes between flights, but I had to call United to make a switch because I booked with them. United honored my request and we will now fly them through Chicago to Calgary.

6. Re: Connecting flight in Toronto

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 09:16