We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for Toronto Car Rentals & Hotels

Regina, Canada
4 posts
Save Topic
Recommendations for Toronto Car Rentals & Hotels

Hey there,

We are travelling to Toronto for a week in May and another in November. I am just wondering any recommendations or places to avoid to rent car and which hotels to stay at.

We are flying into Pearson.

Thank you in advance for all your help!!!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for Toronto Car Rentals & Hotels

What part of the city would you like to stay in? Budget hotel to luxury? Do you have any brand preferences in terms of collecting points? For car rentals stick to the major international companies and you will be fine but if you are staying downtown a car could create more problems and expense than its worth. Www.kayak.com is a good place to start for car rentals and hotels.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,245 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for Toronto Car Rentals & Hotels

Hi, slulik;

Welcome to the Toronto forum.

We prefer to rent from Enterprise, but we've not had any personal experience with the Pearson location. As traveller_yyz noted, unless you will be spending time outside the city or in the suburbs a car will be more of a ball & chain than a convenience. There are several affordable ways to make your way downtown from Pearson without a car.

We suggest you have a look to the right at the *Top questions about Toronto*, in particular the one at the top: "Where Should I Stay in Toronto?" It will provide a lot of good background. From there you may want to ask specific questions about locations or particular hotel properties.

Regards,

B&J

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Regina, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for Toronto Car Rentals & Hotels

We are not sure of what area to stay in. We have never been to Toronto before. We have a few places we would like to visit, CN tower, Casa Loma, Medieval Times, plus we are taking in a blue jay game.

We definitely do not need luxury, something in or around the 100-120 price range.

I was checking out Enterprise online and there prices are quite reasonable.

Thanks for all the help!

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
CN Tower
CN Tower
19,920 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
Casa Loma
Casa Loma
6,101 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,027 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for Toronto Car Rentals & Hotels

Hi slulik;

Based on your response above, you'll want to stay downtown.

Have a look at the "Top Questions" area at the top right of the page for helpful hints and ideas for downtown accommodations.

Best Regards

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for Toronto Car Rentals & Hotels

Also, if you did want to rent a car (say to go to Niagara Falls) you can get one downtown. E.g. the Enterprise Rent-A-Car location at 200 Front St. West is about a block from the CN Tower. Rent for just the day and you'll save on both rental and parking fees.

Mentioned in this post
Niagara Day Tour
Niagara Day Tour
709 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
CN Tower
CN Tower
19,920 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for Toronto Car Rentals & Hotels

Everything that you mentioned doing is in the the Downtown area and can be easily reached on foot or by TTC. You will not need a car and the cost of parking at your hotel will likely be between $20-35/day plus whatever it costs to park at your destination so it could be more than the cost of the car rental itself. As mentioned above, best to rent a car for a day or two if you are doing any trips outside of Downtown.

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Recommendations for Toronto Car Rentals & Hotels

I'd suggest not renting a car as well - parking is expensive and you really don't need one.

I'd stay in the downtown core. For hotels I'd suggest going to one of the big booking sites such as expedia or booking.com and putting your dates in. It'll give you an idea of a few hotels that are in your price range.

You could also consider booking a name your own price with priceline - be sure to check out one of the bid helping sites such as biddingfortravel.com (there are others as well) to help you with bidding if you are not familiar with sites such as priceline.

ktown.

Regina, Canada
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Recommendations for Toronto Car Rentals & Hotels

Thanks for all the advice!!!

We have decided to not go with the car rental. Just out of curiosity, I could not find medieval times location. Is it downtown as well?

I am checking out this bidding process for hotels. Just to make sure I am bidding on the right area, hotels around the Rogers Centre is Downtown South?

Thanks again!

Mentioned in this post
Rogers Centre
Rogers Centre
3,137 Reviews
Toronto, Canada
West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
79,027 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Recommendations for Toronto Car Rentals & Hotels

Hi slulik;

Medieval Times is located at 10 Dufferin Street, just inside the Canadian National Exhibition grounds, south of the Gardiner Expressway, in downtown Toronto.

medievaltimes.com/toronto/ratesdirections.as…

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g155019-d30…

Be sure to locate a discount code or coupon. Full price is a bit much.

I would suggest checking out

www.BetterBidding.com

The people on that site may be able to assist you in identifying which hotel is being offered online.

Best Regards

Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Recommendations for Toronto Car Rentals & Hotels

Yes, the Rogers Centre is in Priceline's Downtown South zone (and Hotwire's Downtown West).

Mentioned in this post
Rogers Centre
Rogers Centre
3,137 Reviews
Toronto, Canada