We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Staying at the Sheraton Downtown - Parking question

Buttons0226
Level Contributor
149 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Staying at the Sheraton Downtown - Parking question

Hello, We will be at the Sheraton from July 2-4 and parking at the hotel is $45 a day. Apparently there is an outdoor lot right next door for Daily Max $14 during the day and $6 at night so it would be $20 for each 24 hour period. Does that mean we could literally leave our car parked for the 4 days and just continue to pay the parking at each 12 hour interval? And does anyone know if this will be relatively safe? Not driving anything fancy :)

Thanks in advance, Renee

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Staying at the Sheraton Downtown - Parking question

I think you likely mean the parking garage under city hall/Nathan Phillips square. This from the website...http://parking.greenp.com/

<<<How long can I park in a Green P Lot?

As a customer, you can park and pay for as many days as you like. It should be noted, though that there are no in-and-out privileges, but you can purchase the time you require on your credit card up to $99 and display the receipt on your dash. For attended facilities, simply pay the cashier upon your departure.>>>

ktown

Edited: 16 May 2012, 19:37
Ancaster, Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Staying at the Sheraton Downtown - Parking question

There is also a underground parking at the building next door just west of the hotel. This is where i always park and it will save you lots of money. Yes it is safe and you can leave your car parked for as long as you need.

Edited: 16 May 2012, 19:50
Buttons0226
Level Contributor
149 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Staying at the Sheraton Downtown - Parking question

Thanks to both of you...hmmm, I am not sure what to do then as we will need to go out one day of the 4 to go to the zoo. Could we still park there and leave one time? Would that just mean we may have to pay a bit more that day? Thanks for any information you have. And yes, that Nathan Phillips was the one I meant.

@jays2008, the one you speak of, does it have in and out? Really , we just need to leave with the car once in the 4 days.

Leamington, Canada
Level Contributor
379 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Staying at the Sheraton Downtown - Parking question

jays2008 is the lot you are talking about under the Four Seasons Center for the preforming arts? If so is there an attendant there during daytime? I am in same position as original poster but don't need in and out as I am coming into town Saturday and leaving Monday, Staying at Hilton and also don't like the $$$ i would have to pay for parking at hotel.

Ancaster, Canada
Level Contributor
412 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Staying at the Sheraton Downtown - Parking question

I am not sure what building the garage is under and really can`t remember if that lot is an attendant or an automated machine. If you are heading east on queen turn right on the street before the sheraton entrance and then a quick right into the underground parking.

Leamington, Canada
Level Contributor
379 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Staying at the Sheraton Downtown - Parking question

Thanks Jays. It's the same one I was looking at on google streetview.

SE Ontario
Level Contributor
18,172 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Staying at the Sheraton Downtown - Parking question

It is extremely unlikely you are going to find in and out privilege parking in the downtown core of a busy city like Toronto, unless you are in the hotel lot.

Buttons - yes you can leave the Nathan Philips lot at any time. But you will have to pay whatever is due for the time you initially parked up to the time you leave. Then, when you return, the meter begins again - so to speak. In any event, if you are only planning to take the car out once, you are still likely to pay less than you would in the hotel lot.

new york
Level Contributor
2,963 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Staying at the Sheraton Downtown - Parking question

We always park at the Nathan Philips garage. There is an attendant and you pay everytime you leave. It's very convenient because it is linked underground to the Sheraton. Still cheaper than valet.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Staying at the Sheraton Downtown - Parking question

Yeah, regular public parking garages don't offer in-and-out privileges.

For the garage you're talking about (…greenp.com/parking-info/carpark-info/36_110…), worst-case is that you'd pay the daily maximum of $14 twice on the day you go to the zoo. You'd hit the maximum in the morning if you left after 10 am, and again in the afternoon if you arrived back before 3 pm.

Leamington, Canada
Level Contributor
379 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Staying at the Sheraton Downtown - Parking question

Just a follow up on this topic. We spent the past weekend in Toronto and used the Nathan Phillips parking garage. Arrived at 1:30 Saturday afternoon and departed at 1:00pm Monday afternoon which was a Holiday (Victoria Day). Total cost was $24.00 saving us approximately $48.00 if we would have used hotel parking lot.(Hilton Toronto) Well worth the 2 block walk.