We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ticketmaster Tips

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
217 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Ticketmaster Tips

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this question but since the concert is at the ACC (J.Lo/Enrique), I was wondering if there are any tips/tricks to getting through to Ticketmaster when trying to order tickets. I tried getting tickets for my brother several years ago using Ticketmaster (online using two laptops and phone) but could not get through. I tried for over an hour and then gave up. The tickets go on sale tomorrow @10am and I'm worried that I won't be able to get through.

Also, for future reference, does anybody know how to get presale codes for concerts?

Thanks.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,740 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ticketmaster Tips

Yeah, I've experienced the same thing in Vancouver. For a show like that, it's going to be pretty busy. I've even gone to a T'master outlet and stood in line 30 min before opening, but tickets were sold out by the time I got to the head of the line. I'm going to follow this thread to see if you get some tips. It would be good to know them.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
217 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ticketmaster Tips

Thanks. I entered a few contests via radio stations and have been listening to 3 radio stations every morning since Monday to see if my name (entered two contests for this) and tried MANY times to call the 3rd radio station but it was always busy although I got through once but I was a 'few minutes early' so the lady let me go! Darn.

I just learned about presale code tonight and was on Ticketmaster but it was offering VIP packages, which I didn't want. I'm not looking to spend $200-400 for these types of tickets. I was looking at the $106/pp tickets however, I didn't have the code at that time. When I finally found it (after searching on google) I went back to Ticketmaster and wasn't able to buy tickets anymore! I couldn't believe it. Darn! lol.

I'm going to be up early again tomorrow morning and listening to the radio to hear my name (hopefully one of the two radio stations will announce my name if it's chosen) and I won't havie to worry about trying to get tickets at 10am which will be really hard since I will be at work and in class unless I'm on a break but Ticketmaster might be blocked, which will suck.

I haven't been to a concert in a long time and would like to go especially since it's my birthday July 1. It's a birthday gift for me!

Wish me luck and thanks again for your input.

P.S. I found some info which is helpful:

…redflagdeals.com/best-seats-acc-concert-898…

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ticketmaster Tips

Alot of pre sale code offers are through member offers like Amex's front of the line or being a part of the Edge 102.1 Inside Edge Member....I feel that ticketmaster is so rigged that by the time something goes on sale, only singles are left, it's very frustrating!

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ticketmaster Tips

The only other way to get presale codes is to be a member of the fan clubs where you get news to your inbox about a week or so before tickets go on sale. But even then--- depending on the concert and venue--- things can go fast. For U2 tickets a few years ago it cost something like $50 to become a "preferred" member and get tickets before they went on sale---they mailed out the new CD too. Worth it at the time.

I've had the same experience trying to order online.....

Good luck!

Edited: 17 May 2012, 14:20
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
217 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Ticketmaster Tips

I have great news! I got tickets to the concert this morning through Ticketmaster. I still can't believe it. I thought it was going to be really difficult but I was able to get through. I had several options between Sections 102-104 and had Section 120-121 come up but the rows were higher so I took the second set of tickets that showed - Section 102, Row 14, Seats 17 & 18. It looks like these are good seats. Hopefully, it's a good view of the stage. Judging by the seat chart, it looks like it will be. I was also offered floor seats (left) Row 30 but decided not to take them b/c I read on TA that it can be hard to see with everyone standing. Someone mentioned in their review that they would rather have seat tickets vs. floor tickets so I kept the tickets that I had.

It's been a stressful week trying to get tickets for this concert. I can't believe what we put ourselves through to get tickets! It's insane. I was up early again this morning calling into the radio stations and listening for my name on another radio station but had no luck. I then decided to take my laptop to work and try getting tickets through Ticketmaster and happily did.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
59,740 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Ticketmaster Tips

Great news! It is an ordeal, isn't it. Enjoy the concert.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
769 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ticketmaster Tips

Good news, even if it is J Lo :)

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Ticketmaster Tips

Great news....glad you got them!

9. Re: Ticketmaster Tips

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:42