We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard Marriott Downtown

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard Marriott Downtown

I'll be in Toronto at the end of July for 2 days and have narrowed my hotel choices to the Holiday Inn Express Downtown on Lombard St or Courtyard Marriott on Yonge St. Does anyone have a suggestion on which one to choose, or other recommendations?

I'm mainly interested in a clean, mid-range price hotel that is convenient to train stations since I won't have a car. Also, I plan on visiting the CN Tower and ROM.

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Toronto, Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,184 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard Marriott Downtown

Personally, we'd choose the Marriott. It's one block north of the corner of College & Yonge Streets where you can access the subway via College station, or hop on the streetcar that heads west to Chinatown & Kensington Market.

The Hiloday Inn is a block north of the King Street streetcar, but is a several block walk to the subway.

If you end up choosing the Holiday Inn, there is an outstanding Oyster place "next door" called Starfish.

…blogspot.ca/2010/08/starfish-oyster-bed-gri…

Toronto
Level Contributor
177 posts
141 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard Marriott Downtown

I would also say Marriott because of the location and brand. Grocery stores, restaurants and pharmacies nearby. Arguably a better neighbourhood too.

Leamington, Canada
Level Contributor
379 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard Marriott Downtown

Have stayed at both and feel the Courtyard Marriott is a much better deal. Close to subway (College) and 10 minute walk to Eaton Center ect. If you have AAA/CAA book with that and get a great buffet breakfast thrown in.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard Marriott Downtown

Thank you everyone for the suggestion and great feedback!! It was very helpful and I will definitely go with Courtyard Marriott!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
999 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard Marriott Downtown

There is also a newly renovated Holiday Inn on Carlton near the Marriott Courtyard

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard Marriott Downtown

Thanks traveller_yyz!! I'll look into it!

7. Re: Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard Marriott Downtown

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 04:15