We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to Pearson Airport

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Getting to Pearson Airport

Hi, I'm on vacation at Toronto right now and my flight back is on Victoria day in the morning. I'm trying to figure out the cheapest way to get to the Pearson Airport. Someone suggested the Toronto Airport Express saying that it was 15 dollars, but according to the article I found on this site, it is actually 23.95 dollars? I'm trying to see if I can get to Kipling using TTC but the trip planner keeps timing out. The nearest subway station to my hotel is Osgoode. My flight is at 8:30 in the morning.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sherbrooke, Canada
Level Contributor
39,717 posts
815 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting to Pearson Airport

Check here for more info on the airport Express bus: http://www.torontoairportexpress.com/

and check here for public transportation: www.torontopearson.com/en/toandfrom/public/#

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting to Pearson Airport

I'm sure the Airport Express bus cost $15 at one point, but that'd be at least a few years back. $23.95 is the current price ($22.75 if you book online).

Looks like the TTC trip planner just times out when you ask it to do the impossible. The first northbound subway at Osgoode tomorrow is around 6:15 am; the TTC trip planner says if you're on that train, you can be at the airport at 7:25 am. I'd say that's cutting it too close (and completely out of the question for a US-bound or international flight).

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting to Pearson Airport

Thanks, Jean-Pierre. I was using those sites already, but I guess I didn't mention that. Thank you anyway. :)

Thanks, mattInTo. I was afraid that was the problem. My flight is going to be domestic and I'll check in online before getting to the airport, but that does seem too close for comfort. I might taxi out to Kipling and try that way. Do you guys think that'll be cheaper or the Airport Express?

Edited: 20 May 2012, 14:21
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting to Pearson Airport

Nope. Tried the taxi fare calculator. I guess it's not better at all. *sighs*

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting to Pearson Airport

Yeah, the taxi fare to Kipling will be steep. To me, the risk isn't worth it to save $20, but there is an all-TTC way...

You could walk down to King and University and catch the 5:35 am 504 King streetcar to Dundas West station. By the time you get to Dundas West the subway will be running, so then you'd hop over to Kipling and up to the airport. TTC trip planner claims you'd be at the airport at 6:45 am.

(If you do this, just keep the number of a taxi company handy in case anything goes wrong. You'd want to be able to switch to a taxi directly to the airport as a backup plan.)

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,001 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting to Pearson Airport

Ask your hotel if they can/will offer a service. They might have someone.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting to Pearson Airport

Thanks, guys! You've been a great help! The hotel service is like, 50 dollars so that's out. I'll have to seriously consider the King and University Street Car option. Either that, or I'll fork over the 23 dollars. It's just that that's pretty far also so I'll have to TTC over to the Pick Up area anyway in order to the the Toronto Express.

8. Re: Getting to Pearson Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2013, 08:17