We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 day trip to Toronto from Niagara Falls

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia...
2 posts
Save Topic
1 day trip to Toronto from Niagara Falls

I am planning to spend 3 days in Niagara Falls. My wife wants to see Toronto and we are planning to extend our stay in Niagara Falls by 1 day so that we can drive to Toronto. I am travelling with my wife and two daughters aged 10 and 4. I would like suggestions and ideas about what sites to see and what tours I can take in Toronto.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,076 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 day trip to Toronto from Niagara Falls

Hi docnate2012;

Respectfully, more people take side trips from Toronto to Niagara Falls, than vice versa. Toronto is Canada’s largest city, 4th largest in Canada & the US after New York, Los Angeles & Chicago. You could spend an entire week in Toronto and still have plenty to see and do.

Niagara Falls is approx. 80 miles / 130 km southwest of Toronto. The average drive is about 1½ hours, without any traffic delays, so expect to spend a minimum of 3 hours in the car, just getting there and back. I would suggest changing you days around to spend more time in Toronto.

Without knowing your family’s interests, it would be very difficult to make suggestions / recommendations.

The more information you provide the more detailed replies you will receive.

Best Regards

Philadelphia...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 day trip to Toronto from Niagara Falls

Thank you, RescueTeam for your advice. This is my first trip to Niagara falls. My family & I plan to drive from Philly to Niagara falls and while there, we plan to do the jetboat tours, Maid of the Mist, Journey Behind the Falls, Niagara's Fury, White Water Walk and Cave of the winds. I figure we might need at least 2 days to be able to do all these at a comfortable pace. I have been reading about Toronto and my wife would like to visit the CN tower. I have read there are many museums in Toronto. I haven't been able to decide which ones of these are must see. Personally, I am not really interseted in the museums and neither is my family unless it is a must-see.

I would also like some advice regarding the bus &/or harbor tours in Toronto. I am really interested in places or tours or activities that will be of interest to my 10 & 4 yr old.

I have time to make changes to my Niagara trip and switch days from Niagara to Toronto.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,338 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 day trip to Toronto from Niagara Falls

My personal opinion would be that you first plan is good. I think you would enjoy Niagara Falls at a slow pace. Likely your daughters would be a lot happier there than tramping around a big city like Toronto. If you just want 'to see what Toronto looks like', and go up the CN tower, then likely we need to know the day you are planning to go to Toronto. Driving into Toronto weekday mornings is basically a slow go as thousands of commuters go to work. Returning after 9pm to NF would be a breeze. Weekends are most often an easy drive. Parking though would not be cheap.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 day trip to Toronto from Niagara Falls

When are you coming approximately?? It will effect what there is to do, especially in Toronto??

Philadelphia...
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 day trip to Toronto from Niagara Falls

Thank you, travels1940 and tdsuperstar for your input. I am planning to drive to niagara falls on father's day i.e. June 17 and leave on the 21st. This gives me 3 days for sightseeing ( 2 days in Niagara Falls and 1 day in Toronto) and the first and the last day for driving. I would like to know if I need to add an extra day for Toronto and also would like suggestions regarding activities and tours in Toronto

6. Re: 1 day trip to Toronto from Niagara Falls

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 17:16