We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not a question..

Which Toronto hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
North East England
Level Contributor
50 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Not a question..

just a huge Thank You to all who answered my queries on this forum.

We are back home now in the UK, having brought home wonderful memories of Toronto with us.

No question was ever too silly, or too 'obvious' all questions answered with friendliness and grace.

Fav places were..

Dundas Square, for people watching. Anything , and everything goes. I loved the vibrancy of the place, and friendly faces.

Harbour front. Excellent for chilling out and just sauntering along enjoying the views of the islands (and plane watching)

Also the harbour front for the weekends when something is ALWAYS happening....a real friendly happy family place.

St Laurence Market. THE place to go if you want truly fresh food. Meat, fish fruit, cakes, breads.....and the most amazing selection of cheeses I have ever seen ! It HAS to be THE best market in the world !

The CN Tower, just because, it IS amazing and the views are to die for ! and we both just LOVED the Amazon ride (?) at the base, that was thrilling..

Casa Loma. For the fact that it was lovely and cool on one of the hottest days we had in Toronto. Sitting in the gardens was a delight....and the coolness of the basement cafe was a pleasure to sit in. And, how cools that bathroom with THE biggest shower I have ever seen !

Lots and lots of other places we went to also that I would go back to Toronto to see again.

Places that would not be on my list were..

Kensington market and China Town. Didn't like those places at all...sorry guys :(

Everywhere there looked like it needed a real good scrub down.

Saying that, two places out of a whole city is very good going I reckon :)

Also, top marks to the street cars and the underground trains. Both clean, comfy and top notch.

Would we come back to Toronto ?

Yes, definitely , and definitely when the 'Doors Open' weekend is on. It was lovely wondering around places you normally don't get to see.

Thanks guys, for all your great advice, and, for having a lovely friendly city !

~Jinx~

* Special mention to the Dundas Square Studio where we stayed for our two week visit. Top notch, and in THE perfect place !

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
6,858 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Not a question..

You're quite welcome. Glad you had a good time, and thanks for giving us the specifics of why you liked certain places -- that helps us in advising other travellers.

Doors Open is a great event for visitors, though it can take some planning given the tight timing. You can find it elsewhere -- Toronto borrowed the idea from Edinburgh, and there's a similar event in London called Open House, with a whopping 700 buildings open!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,154 posts
766 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Not a question..

Good to hear, hope you come back soon!

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
71,671 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Not a question..

Glad to hear you had a good time !

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Not a question..

Great report Jinxxx. It was a real pleasure answering your intelligent and well thought out questions. And thank you for such a great report. Sounds like you really enjoyed your stay in T.O.

Don't worry about not liking Kensington and Chinatown....the filth is part of it's charm. You have to admit, from one people watcher to another, Kensington Market is a great place to sit and watch some very interesting people walk by. I think Kensington might slowly grow on you after a few visits....kind of like a fungus....lol. Joking aside, I love the place.

Anyhow, great to hear from you and please come back and visit us anytime you please......and maybe next time you'll be able to actually make it to the Blue Jays game!!

Cheers and best regards to the UK.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Not a question..

Great report and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay.

Funny, I love Kensington market -- but when my relatives come to visit they have the same response as you. Oh, well...

Toronto, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
4,000 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Not a question..

And now you know why I'm proud to be a Torontonian. Love my city; love it even more when someone else falls for it. Thanks for the trip report, so glad you enjoyed your time here.

7. Re: Not a question..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 08 November 2012, 19:35
8. Re: Not a question..

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 December 2013, 01:17